Inspections

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Just curious about what other states' requirements were for vehicle inspections? How often, how strict, required for farm vehicles?

Other than strictly "Farm Use" vehicles, vehicles in our state, including trailers, must be inspected yearly. It's a very rigid inspection if followed properly, but in the past the enforcement has been fairly lax.

Reason I was asking is the local DOT has been harassing our local garages and now we are down to only two left in the county that can still inspect vehicles. I stopped by one of the remaining stations last night and they said they expected to lose their license within the next month. Inspectors stopped by last week and wrote up everyone in the shop, the owners, and the shop in general for not using a headlight alignment machine on every vehicle. :roll: These guys sure have an axe to grind.

cfpinz

All I can say is maybe you should beet the rush and move West of the Mississippi.

3MR":233uoske said:
All I can say is maybe you should beet the rush and move West of the Mississippi.

Believe me, with the development, subidivisions, and imports the thought has crossed my mind more than once. I just love those folks who move here to get away from the big city life and then start fussin cause there's no city water, night life, shopping malls, etc...

We had a family moved to our town a year or so ago and then complained to the city council last year abut all the horse on the roads slowing traffic down tellign them they should make it illegal. first teh council looked at them like they were the biggest idiots to ever move into the state before politely telling them they woudl conside it and movng on to important and realistic business.

cfpinz":34jqby7r said:
3MR":34jqby7r said:

Believe me, with the development, subidivisions, and imports the thought has crossed my mind more than once. I just love those folks who move here to get away from the big city life and then start fussin cause there's no city water, night life, shopping malls, etc...

cfpinz, all of central VA is becoming a suburb of DC, Richmond, Charlottesville...doesn't seem to matter how many people speak up against growth and development, the local politicians just keep on voting FOR it (until communities wise up and vote the bums out). I think the critical timing is saying NO to local Planning Commissions, cause once they're past that point, projects seem to take on a life of their own and it's too late then...it's all about money (realtors, developers) and I suspect that the boards of supervisors make their decisions over lunch...when the time comes for a vote at the official board meeting, it's already been decided. People get discouraged and feel powerless to stop it because, somehow, the powers that be will get their way. And it's happening in Louisa, Orange, Gordonsville, all around us. Just look at what's become of Fredericksburg.

Our realestate market here in east Tn. is being driven by out of state city dewllers and subanites, land has gone sky high over the last 2-4 years.

Latest posts