Infection after calving

Help Support CattleToday:

Hunny Do Ranch

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed that the cows eyes go kinda cloudy when they have a infection after calving?

Last year a cow aborted twins and her eyes went cloudy cleard up after 3 days of antibiotics.

This year had a cow not clean properly and her eyes went cloudy and they cleared up in a few days as well.

Is this weird or am I the only one that has noticed this?

Hunny Do Ranch":2ax8ufz4 said:
Has anyone ever noticed that the cows eyes go kinda cloudy when they have a infection after calving?

Last year a cow aborted twins and her eyes went cloudy cleard up after 3 days of antibiotics.

This year had a cow not clean properly and her eyes went cloudy and they cleared up in a few days as well.

Oh teah the first one caught after that and also raised a HUGE holstein steer for us (she just wanted to be a momma) and is due in less than a week.

The 2nd cow I think has now cleaned and will hopefully catch when she is bred. She was the cow we rescued last year (the sweet little jersey cow). She caught the first time we bred her. So hopefully it goes well again this year as far as breeding. If not my hubby says I can have one pet.

Hunny Do Ranch":efl26hq1 said:

Don't guess I ever noticed but then I was working on the other end. :lol: Someone mentioned hoping a cow that didn't clean out well would breed. Sure hope she does clean out well as cattle with uterine infections do not breed.

TexasBred":rhvv75ya said:
Hunny Do Ranch":rhvv75ya said:

Don't guess I ever noticed but then I was working on the other end. :lol: Someone mentioned hoping a cow that didn't clean out well would breed. Sure hope she does clean out well as cattle with uterine infections do not breed.

The 2nd cow was on antibiotics as well. ;-)

Latest posts