Impulse buy?

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
Went ahead and purchased these two registered Simmental heifers.. Got a good deal on them and I took it. Big black heifer is bred to Uno Mas sexed semen for a January calf and the baldy heifer is an 8 month old calf that'll be bred next spring.. Really excited about these girls. They seem really showy cattle but they're out of good functional cows that work out on pasture all summer.

Baldy heifer is a One Eye Jack calf and the bred is out of a bull called Powertime.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Stout good looking heifers!

Thank you. I'm pretty excited about these two. The relative I farm with bought one as well. Don't have any pictures of her but she will make a decent cow as well.

Bright Raven said:
That One Eyed Jack is a dandy. Good buy!

Thank you. She was my favorite a few months back when I helped my buddy pull her from pasture. I kinda knew fro that day if I got the chance to buy her for the right price I would.

holm25 said:
Bright Raven said:

Thank you. She was my favorite a few months back when I helped my buddy pull her from pasture. I kinda knew fro that day if I got the chance to buy her for the right price I would.

Good for you.

Bright Raven said:
holm25 said:
Bright Raven said:

Good for you.

Got the two breds hauled home today. Won't get the OEJ heifer until late October after the Minnesota Beef Expo.

This is the dam to the OEJ heifer. That was her first calf and she weaned it off at 620lbs. She did darn good for being out on pasture all summer. This cow is a full sister to the bred we bought.

This is the dam to the bred heifer we bought and grand dam to the OEJ. She is a big cow. 17-1800lbs.. Can see a lot of her in that Jack heifer I think.

I'm sure y'all get sick of all my pictures but figured I'd share a new pic of that Jack heifer. She is shaping up quite nicely I think..

holm25 said:
I'm sure y'all get sick of all my pictures but figured I'd share a new pic of that Jack heifer. She is shaping up quite nicely I think..

She is developing great. There is more improvement to come. When she has a couple years on her, you are going to be happy

My heifer is chunking up. Will be going to North Star Classic in Valley City ND with a friend first week in December. Should be a fun time. Bred heifer is starting to bag as well.

holm25 said:
My heifer is chunking up. Will be going to North Star Classic in Valley City ND with a friend first week in December. Should be a fun time. Bred heifer is starting to bag as well.

I have liked her all along. She is exceeding expectations

gizmom said:
Very nice, I love when folks post pictures I just enjoy looking at cattle. I can't wait to see the calf very nice young cows!

Gizmom

I'll have to try get pictures of the bred heifer. She's looking really good too. Due the first week in January to Uno Mas.

Latest posts