Implement tires

Help Support CattleToday:

We had a tobacco frame that had airplane tires. Dern thing was the hardest to hook up to- heavy on the front end- but it NEVER had a flat. So we ALWAYS ended up using it. It hurts my back to remember it!

when i bought a mowhawk shredder yrs ago i had them put aircraft tires on it. that way no worries bout flats. scott

I wonder if those aircraft tires would work on the front end of my JD4630. I'm tired of gettin flats from the mesquite around here. I also like the idea of puttin those tires on a shredder.

Dick

Speaking of flats, I discovered that it coest $186.79 to get a 14.9X28 tire fixed at the farm when it's been staubbed and has a 2 inch hole in it.

dun

milesvb":1mah8qn9 said:
Anyone use aircraft tires on your tractors, sprayors, etc.?

http://www.noflats.com/

Couldn't get the website up. Dial-up is acting up.

Anyway, I have some 16 inch, 20 ply aircraft tires from a friend who's a corporate jet pilot. The tire sidewall is so thick they won't mount on any of my rims. Bends the rim.

The jets use a two-piece rim (not unlike a go-cart rim).
Anyone have ideas on mounting them? Sure would like to use 'em.

MikeC":m7dz2zpa said:
milesvb":m7dz2zpa said:
Anyone use aircraft tires on your tractors, sprayors, etc.?

http://www.noflats.com/

Couldn't get the website up. Dial-up is acting up.

Anyway, I have some 16 inch, 20 ply aircraft tires from a friend who's a corporate jet pilot. The tire sidewall is so thick they won't mount on any of my rims. Bends the rim.

The jets use a two-piece rim (not unlike a go-cart rim).
Anyone have ideas on mounting them? Sure would like to use 'em.

Mike,
This company supposedly grinds down the beads in such a way that they will fit a standard rim. I'm pretty certain I'm going to buy a pair for my tractor. The cost of flats alone we incurred from mesquites would have easily bought a set of these tires with plenty of beer money to spare.

MikeC":3r6g40w6 said:
When we first started putting them on batwing mowers about 15 years ago or so, we bought the tires seperate and tried to mount them on the rims that came with the mower. Had the same problem- bent the rims. Found a guy who would grind the bead down on the tire, but the cost back then was too high. Started buying the rim and tire together from the tire supplier and ordered the mowers with out rims. It looked the same, was just a lot heavier rim. You may be able to order the rims seperate from somebody local or a place like milessvb is talking about. Look at Gemplers website also. Also had some bigger tires bought for 600 bushel side dump wagons. They used a split rim like what you are talking about on the aircraft. If you can get them put on, not only no more flats, but that 150-170 mph transport speed may come in handy for some guys. :lol: ;-)

Latest posts