Implant Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Lomac

Reaction score
About how long does it take, Revalor S, implant to take effect after administered? To get them rolling on the feed.

Thanks

Gav the implant 10 days ago and haven't noticed any change was the reason for the question. Thanks anyway

Lomac":1fp57hms said:
Gav the implant 10 days ago and haven't noticed any change was the reason for the question. Thanks anyway

You want see results that quick. I implant everything, but I don't implant things I'm going to keep for just 45 days (don't do much of that anyway). If your going to keep the animal long enough to see the benefit, I personally think it's one of the best investments you can make.

Read your original post, but hoped somebody with more knowledge of how soon results could be seen.

We have 59 days to go till final show. Hes been a pretty lazy eater here the last couple weeks and we need some weight. His intake hasn't changed since the implant, still leaving a couple pounds in the bowl. It says slow release so I was just curious as to how long to see some change. Thanks again

59 days to show, hopefully you're a little north of 1100 pounds? I would put a synovex S in. I have done a Synovex S in each ear 60 days before the show, on an American that was as sound as a cat. You could almost sit and watch him grow. Definitely wouldn't recommend listening to someone on the internet putting two implants in a calves ear, so give him one S.

I already implanted him with Revalor S. He weighed 1095 10 days ago. Our original target was 1350 which is what we try an achieve each year. He looked to be a easy feeder but is just lazy as all get out at trough. We "were" averaging 3.8-3.9 pounds a day of gain (Great we loved it). After going to couple 3 shows back to back in the last couple months he's backed off his intake. Our last show was March 4th so we thought he'd pick up his intake by now naturally but just isn't happening. We're feeding 26lbs a day and he's leaving approx 2lbs per feeding. "Reasoning for the implant". Didn't want to do it because he's so sound but had to make a decision! I'm just wanting to know how long it takes for a implant to take effect? Days..weeks? So far he hasn't changed a bit. So I guess I should be seeing a change in appetite in the next week? Implant has been in 12 days as of today.

Is he getting plenty of exercise? You need to work them a bit when they get over 1000 pounds, otherwise they can get fat and lazy, and stop putting on finish. Exercise has two benefits 1. Increases appetite and 2. Keeps them looking fresh as they lay on the cover. If you can't work them every day and get them on the lawn/driveway for a few laps, at least turn him out in a small run overnight, if you aren't already. The idea is to get him moving, without burning off too many calories at the same time.

Yes sir, he gets out and walked daily 99% of the time. Some days are missed due to weather but not many. Feed was gone this morning for the first time in a good while so hopefully we're on the feed now. Crossing fingers

Lomac":tmpcdpxp said:
Yes sir, he gets out and walked daily 99% of the time. Some days are missed due to weather but not many. Feed was gone this morning for the first time in a good while so hopefully we're on the feed now. Crossing fingers
I'm actually a woman, but that's ok. :lol2: I think your steer is just starting to really "feel" the implant kicking in. Hopefully you are off and running now. Just weigh him often, track his intake, and make sure he gets some exercise.

Latest posts