Imitation Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
The first of its kind, the Beyond Burger is actually able to imitate (while simultaneously staying true to its unique taste and form) an animal-based burger.

Founded in 2009, the company has seen explosive growth and big-name investors, including Bill Gates, Don Thompson, Tyson and most recently, Leonardo DiCaprio, who has been a vocal activist on climate change and sustainability.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/201 ... /23261107/

"I kept thinking about the role that livestock had in climate, and that it was being kind of dramatically under-appreciated. There is too much emphasis being placed on the energy sector relative to the agricultural sector. If we could focus on the agricultural sector, then we could make much greater headway in terms of climate," he said. "If you really looked at the number associated with climate, the main driver in climate is protein inside of the plate, because of the emissions associated with all parts of the process."

Beyond Meat currently sells products in over 11,000 stores throughout the U.S., with plans to expand its reach and product catalog annually.

Ugg these people make me a little mad. So they take science and throw it away so they can sell processed death.

Grazing cows are about the best form of food production for the environment and climate change there is.

Growing row crops in monoculture with chemical fertiliser and chemical pesticides in carbon intensive, leads to soil loss, pollution of environment, etc.

Then the more they process food the worse it is for us. That and soy is bad for humans especially males.

Bill Gates has spent vast sums of money removing local crops from developing countries to replace them with GMO's that do not work. Hence he has reduced his spending in this area.

What kills me is all the cars, trucks, taxis, trains and planes constantly going 24 hours a day in all these large cities, yet it's the farmer that's allegedly killing the environment.

I can't remember the exact figure but something like 83% of the total acres devoted to agriculture in this country are suitable only for grazing. Take out the protein produced by grazing animals on those acres and you have to grow a lot more soybeans on that other 17%.

1wlimo":2k7u0ehl said:
Ugg these people make me a little mad. So they take science and throw it away so they can sell processed death.

Grazing cows are about the best form of food production for the environment and climate change there is.

Growing row crops in monoculture with chemical fertiliser and chemical pesticides in carbon intensive, leads to soil loss, pollution of environment, etc.

Then the more they process food the worse it is for us. That and soy is bad for humans especially males.

Bill Gates has spent vast sums of money removing local crops from developing countries to replace them with GMO's that do not work. Hence he has reduced his spending in this area.
You're in favor of grazing cattle and but shutting down all the row crop farmers. hmmm.......Google them and read the ingredients. Sounds pretty healthy to me. Might help feed the world someday. Might try one myself then might never want another one. :yuck: :lol:

Last month I was listening to a talk about ways to mitigate climate change and one of the solutions being seriously considered is to spray sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere because this would reflect sunlight and make the planet cooler.

You know I must really be suffering from CRS because I could have sworn it wasn't very long ago these same doomsdaysayers were predicting we were all going to melt from acid rain so they began their attack on coal and fossil fuel emissions to stop this very substance from entering the atmosphere which has resulted in us now having to apply sulfur with fertilizer because plants aren't getting enough sulfur from the atmosphere. I'm confused and my dementia must be causing paranoia in me because I have this strange feeling someone is not telling the truth.

TexasBred":34vxyjel said:
1wlimo":34vxyjel said:

You're in favor of grazing cattle and but shutting down all the row crop farmers. hmmm.......Google them and read the ingredients. Sounds pretty healthy to me. Might help feed the world someday. Might try one myself then might never want another one. :yuck: :lol:

I was not saying per say row croppers should be stopped, just that the idiot vegans seam to think their diet is so much better for the enviroment, when it is not.

Row cropping will have to change, too many people running out of soil to carry on the way they are. That and companies selling stuff that just increases the problems with pests and weeds.

Latest posts