I'm sorry it has taken so long

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
to get back on and say Thank You to the people that have helped us at this time. Without that help this would not be possible. The gas alone to get to Austin and back is about $30.00 a day. That's five days a week. Hopefully the ACS is going to find a place for me to stay during the week.

Again... Thank you. I want you to know that I am going to beat this dern thing and friends who I've never met are helping to make it possible.Z

Well, I'm glad to hear from you, sir. I was just about to ask how you were doin'.

If you need any help let me know. Hallettsville ain't that far from Luling and I'm there every weekend and sometime during the week too. Now where did I put that gas mask ....... :lol:

Earl Thigpen":3e82438s said:
Well, I'm glad to hear from you, sir. I was just about to ask how you were doin'.

If you need any help let me know. Hallettsville ain't that far from Luling and I'm there every weekend and sometime during the week too. Now where did I put that gas mask ....... :lol:

Hope you're not going to be here this weekend. It's already a madhouse from what I've heard. No way will I get within 5 miles of Luling during Thump.Z

MillIronQH,it is good to here from you again.Keep fighting and get well soon.Wishing all the best for you.Let's hope the worst is behind you.

Hang in there and keep fighting, hard to keep a good man down for long. Good to hear from you!

Milron, I THINK I know what your going through. Right now my wife is waiting to hear from the Drs to find out how they are going to deal with this Cancer. She has battled this devil since she was 26 (49 now). So she is a survivor. This last round of cancer is not loooking good and hopefully the surgery will take care of it. I don't get too far from the house and choke whenever she tells me she's not felling good. I can't say I know how you feel but know that I will pray for you and your family.

Dick

MillIron, good to hear from you hope all goes well for you, chin up. Take care :heart: Chris.

Dick hope all goes well for your wife also. Take care of her and yourself, :heart: Chris.

MillIronQH":3vbl73zx said:
Earl Thigpen":3vbl73zx said:

Hope you're not going to be here this weekend. It's already a madhouse from what I've heard. No way will I get within 5 miles of Luling during Thump.Z

In case you folks are wondering about the "Thump" (correct me if I'm wrong, Z) is Luling has a watermelon "Thump". I suppose it's a celebration of the watermelons getting ripe. Yoakum has their tomato "Tom-Tom", Hallettsville has their Kolache festival and Fiddlers Frolic, Shiner has the Bocktober festival (Shiner brewery - good beer) and so on. The Luling affair is pretty big these days and is pretty well promoted.

The reference to the "gas mask" is because of the smell around the county. The area around Luling has many, many oil wells and the odor coming from those wells can be annoying to folks not accoustomed to the smell. To me it smells like money if you're fortunate enough to have one (or three) producing on your property.

Good to hear back from you and I'm serious about the offer of help.

I was just wondering about you. Me and the fam were thinking of going down to Shiner some weekend. I haven't been there in 10 years and Steve's never been. Lulling is some pretty pretty country. Hope you get to feeling better.

Latest posts