I'm about to give up.

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
It keeps raining. The grass keeps growing. The calves are getting cheaper...I'm about to hop back in. I know the futures are down but I hate to waste this grass.

I said it in another post ,Swamp grass looks good here some did get in fields last few days though!

Kingfisher":3daqcsot said:
It keeps raining. The grass keeps growing. The calves are getting cheaper...I'm about to hop back in. I know the futures are down but I hate to waste this grass.

I'll bet my hat that grass will be dry in month. Maybe look into some skinny fall calving cows.

callmefence":8c4t0qrm said:
Kingfisher":8c4t0qrm said:

I'll bet my hat that grass will be dry in month.
What size hat? :). I'll take that bet. I've never seen that quality of grass on the other side of Briggs. It'll still be green in 25 days!
Maybe look into some skinny fall calving cows.
I'm dumb. I'm going to get some nice young heifers and feed em and breed em.

Have you considered a 3rd option :?: If you've got extra grass but no cattle to put on it and are hesistant to pull the trigger and buy your own cattle, why not take in some cattle for summer :?:

There are always people looking for pasture. Sure seems I always have someone pestering me :roll: Whether they are someone you want to deal with, now that is another question entirely :roll:

I'm getting $35/pair/month this year from my long-time renter who keeps the fence up. Stopping in to pick up my first check today. I need to give him a break on the first month or buy him some posts because he has replaced 3 fence corners before turn-in. I might just go get a bundle of ties and leave on the trailer at his place.

Monthly pasture bill is paid in advance while calves are on cows. After calves leave at weaning, depending on remaining grass and weather might go to Christmas, same price paid but at end of month.

Latest posts