I'll lose on this one

Help Support CattleToday:

fitz

Reaction score
Just got back from hauling this guy to market as a slaughter bull. Pic is at 15 months. Two and 1/2 year now.

DSC00601.JPG

He messed up his right hock during his 1st breeding season last winter. After the injury it always looked like he had a soft ball in the joint. Was getting around O.K. so used him on my spring calvers.
His next move would have been back to the fall calvers. That herd is not on my land and the area gets a lot of human traffic (retired landowners on their side by side buggies). They were terrified of him. I understood the concern as he could be a little rank at times.
I feared he would end up with a re-injury of the joint so decided to call him in. Right or wrong, he's gone now.
Will be back in the Bull market this fall.

fitz

It's always tough to sell one before you had planned on it, but I think you made a smart decision. Sounds like there was a good possibility of rein jury, and the attitude problem would have sealed the deal for me, especially since there are quite a few people around. I hope he sold good for you, and you got a good start toward your new bull. A big check can sure help soften the blow of selling one you were torn about.

Latest posts