If looks could kill

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1000117.jpg

she just looks mad..... :help:

how much LA200 are they gunna need to get them over whatever has their ears drooping so much? :lol:

Cow doesn't look mean to me, you got close enough to snap that photo. She seems more interested in the calf than you. But she could be a killer for all I know. Usually they face you head on if they have any nefarious intentions.

cherokeeruby":1pxsg7rl said:
Usually they face you head on if they have any nefarious intentions.

Like this one?? She cocked her head.....then settled down.

latestedition020605.jpg

Wewild":3rr72la2 said:
cherokeeruby":3rr72la2 said:
Usually they face you head on if they have any nefarious intentions.

Like this one?? She cocked her head.....then settled down.

latestedition020605.jpg

Maybe if her head was a bit lower there might be a problem, but she just seems alert to me.

Springer, she's not near as bad as she looks. As long as she doesn't get the idea that you're threatening her baby. Then she is as bad as she looks! Jake, don't need any oxytet, they'll need that headgear for the deep south heat (82 degrees today aleady). But, you knew that. :)

You're right cherokeeruby, she's not mean at all. In fact, she is the most gentle cow I have. And the smartest.

Right, C. Burno. She's a calm momma, but one sound from that calf will bring her running, head lowered.

I have a 7 year old simmental that looks at me like that when she has a new calf , I've had her 3 years now and she's always been nasty to me when she has her calf , this time I was in to feed her and she came and me and the feed bucket went flying, neeedless to say didn't get any grain that day , her calf was doing good so I let them out with the others. She is one of my best looking cows and always raises a nic calf but I'm getting too old for this, after this one is weaned she's getting wheels

Ugh... I don't know how interested I'd be in tagging that calf without a fast horse or good medical coverage. Honey and I had a fun go round this evening with a Char/blk Ang cow - she sure was determined to open up a big ol' can of whoop arse tonight when we dragged her calf to the barn. And unlike the beastie in your picture she's polled (thank God!).

Take care.

ps. Can almost hear that Brahmer cow thinking "Go ahead - make my day..."

Caustic Burno":rfg2885s said:
ga. prime":rfg2885s said:
You're right cherokeeruby, she's not mean at all. In fact, she is the most gentle cow I have. And the smartest.

You grab that calf I bet that old gal would blow her nose in your back pocket.

:lol: yep.. i bet too.. i have one that is sooo gentle 364 days out of the year... that one day is the birthday of her calf.. you best stay out of her way.. :lol:

jt

I'ld rather a cow that gives you the look as a warning then the type that just kind of saunters over and then makes a hat or toe jam out of you.

dun

I think the little guy in ga. prime's photo kinda has that glare and baleful look as well. Wonder what he'd be like in a couple of years?

When I first focused on him I thought to myself "take the cow out of the picture, get some size on him and the right hardware on top of his head and he'd look like a bada$$ Cape Buffalo standing in thornbrush over in Africa". Any of you hunters know what I mean?

I don;t recall off hand who it was, but one of the famous African hunters wrote that a cape buff "looks at you as if you owe him money".

dun

AZ, that little guy is a heifer, and definitely a keeper. (I know, with that sheath it looks like a bull calf). Only one week old in the pic. I only have a couple of momma cows that I won't tag and weigh their calf at birth and this is one of them. I estimate her BW at 65-70. I like the comparison to the Cape Buffalo. You're right about the thornbush, they're traipsing around in blackberry bushes, eating early buds. Another warm week like this, and plenty of green grass! Thank the Lord. :)

Latest posts