If I Didn't Have Animals

Help Support CattleToday:

Victoria

Reaction score
If I didn't have animals . . . .

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through
fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into
consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get
comfortable.

I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree -- dog bones,
stuffed animals ,toys, treats nor would I have to explain to people why I
wrap them.

I would have money....and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their
yet-unborn grandkids thru college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come,
no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra
leash.

I would no longer have to Spell the words B-A-L-L-, F-R-I-S-B-E- E,
W-A-L-K, or T-R-E-A-T.

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties
them down too much.

I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many
dogs/animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of
knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as
they will ever get.

How empty my life would be.

Thank you Victoria...I can identify with everyone of those, especially the very last. :heart:

Alice

... My house wouldn't smell like a dog's a$$... :oops:

Thank goodness for a dry couple of days. I was able to raise the windows and air out this place. I also tried out my new carpet shampooer. Very sexy machine. 8) ;-) Like a Lincoln Navigator that steam cleans carpet. Believe me, between the dogs, spouse and son, I need it. I go through one about every three years.

Thanks for that Victoria I agree with the last one. if I did not have my Cats it would seem strange in my house. :roll: I have three good friends who like looking after them when I go away.

Lammie":196zwunh said:
... My house wouldn't smell like a dog's a$$... :oops:

Thank goodness for a dry couple of days. I was able to raise the windows and air out this place. I also tried out my new carpet shampooer. Very sexy machine. 8) ;-) Like a Lincoln Navigator that steam cleans carpet. Believe me, between the dogs, spouse and son, I need it. I go through one about every three years.

What kind did you get, Lammie. I've been cleaning my carpet today from all the mud and muck, but from the way the carpet cleaner is sounding, it might be on its last legs.

Alice

My Dad just doesn't understand me when I say it is just sooooo much easier to let them go with me to the gas station....
He is afraid people are going to start calling me the dog lady...
(I can think of worse things to be called)

Right now there are 3 outside barking at ???? (a leaf probably fell 2 miles down the road :roll: )

They all get locked up at night otherwise they spend the whole night running off coyotes and imaginary bad guys and then nobody gets any sleep

mdmdogs3":2vsjr5m1 said:
My Dad just doesn't understand me when I say it is just sooooo much easier to let them go with me to the gas station....
(I can think of worse things to be called)

Right now there are 3 outside barking at ???? (a leaf probably fell 2 miles down the road :roll: )

They all get locked up at night otherwise they spend the whole night running off coyotes and imaginary bad guys and then nobody gets any sleep

This makes me smile. When I get on one of my tangents, my daughter says, "Mom, people are gonna start calling you...."

Alice

Victoria":2go10vv1 said:
If I didn't have animals . . . .

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through
fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into
consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get
comfortable.

I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree -- dog bones,
stuffed animals ,toys, treats nor would I have to explain to people why I
wrap them.

I would have money....and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their
yet-unborn grandkids thru college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come,
no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra
leash.

I would no longer have to Spell the words B-A-L-L-, F-R-I-S-B-E- E,
W-A-L-K, or T-R-E-A-T.

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties
them down too much.

I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many
dogs/animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of
knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as
they will ever get.

How empty my life would be.

Great , sounds like my place

Sadly enough when we built our house we did so with the dog in mind. No carpet in the entire house and she has her own eating nook to try to keep the hall a little less drool free. That only worked so well. I've lived petless though and I prefer the drool and hair.:)

john250":1vigjou8 said:
Lammie":1vigjou8 said:
Very sexy machine. 8) ;-) Like a Lincoln Navigator that steam cleans carpet.

So it takes a tank full of solution to clean one room?

No, about two tanks of water. I clean very slowly, though.

Chrissy, I have a Hoover Steamvac Dual V. I like it most because the clean and dirty water tanks are the same size and you only have to empty one as often as you fill the other. Plus they both have handles. And the hand tool has three spinning brushes.

I also found a product called Kids And Pets to put in the detergent tank. It works great on the pet odors, which the humidity really brings out. It is humid again today, so we will se how well it worked.

I have polished hard wood floors in the lounge dinning room and bedrooms, tiles in the hallway and kitchen, much easier to clean than carpet. Just hoover and mop with disinfectant and it is smelling like new, would never go back to carpet I have noticed our Ashtma is a lot better to.

as much hair as i sweep up im suprised our dogs aint neeked, we have laminated wood look floors in the den and kitchen, and there are drifts of hair under chairs and in the corners even though i do sweep regulary. my son just brought another puppy in saturday night, that someone put in his truck, but at least they didnt dump it on some back road. oh well one more aint so much. the new puppy does keep the oldest dog on the ball... :D

Ok how many and what kind of aminals??? I start(me and Wife) , her 2 cats, my dog, her boa that is a snake, right now 2 mice and a rat (snake food) , my horse (welch pony named christian, saved her out of a mud 20by30 pen, for 250$), and about 40 head of cows,steers, calves, no bull I lease them ...

I'll go next
Me, parents, nephew and then the animals - 8 dogs, 2 cats, 4 horses (pasture ornaments), abt 60 cows, 30 calves (so far), 2 bulls, plus the odd wild cat that moves into the hay barns now and then...

mdm

At my house there are 4 dogs, 5 cats, 2 horses plus the cattle. Only one inside dog unless it's thundering and lightening then there are two. My heeler's scared to death of thunderstorms.

I've made a special place in my laundry room for my daschund's food and water but she still gets a mouth full of food and takes it into the living room and drops it on my cowhide rug and then eats it one piece at a time. Strange dog, she also sleeps on her back with all fours in the air.

The animals are more loyal than the kiddoes!

A6gal":h162b5ng said:
At my house there are 4 dogs, 5 cats, 2 horses plus the cattle. Only one inside dog unless it's thundering and lightening then there are two. My heeler's scared to death of thunderstorms.

I've made a special place in my laundry room for my daschund's food and water but she still gets a mouth full of food and takes it into the living room and drops it on my cowhide rug and then eats it one piece at a time. Strange dog, she also sleeps on her back with all fours in the air.

The animals are more loyal than the kiddoes!

My daschunds are the same way. I think it is submissive behavior if they eat away from the bowl like that. I also read somewhere that if they sleep with all fours in the air it means that they are happy and they are feeling good.

Four cats, two dogs, two pygmy goats and about 50 chickens (until butchering day next weekend). Cattle and pigs to come in the next couple of weeks and horses again as soon as I can!

My Corgie-Heeler mix also sleeps on her back with her paws in the air. Glad to hear that means she's happy! The Rat Terrier used to grab her food and move it away from the bowl, too, but that stopped when the puppy moved in.

Latest posts