Ice storm pics

Help Support CattleToday:

No disrespect intended, but that ain't no ice storm. That's called a skiff of nothing. LOL I do feel sorry for you guys, how do you prepare for something that never happens? Had a group of friends goin' to Florida for vacation heading into that storm, they knew how to drive in it and weren't worried, just knew that the residents didn't. gs

plumber_greg":3bascs3v said:
No disrespect intended, but that ain't no ice storm. That's called a skiff of nothing. LOL I do feel sorry for you guys, how do you prepare for something that never happens? Had a group of friends goin' to Florida for vacation heading into that storm, they knew how to drive in it and weren't worried, just knew that the residents didn't. gs
I hear you plumber g, when we got ours on Christmas week, had no power for five days and had to have chains on our boots to be able to leave the house. :? Lost a bunch of trees and are still cleaning up the mess.
I don't wish ice on anyone. I would rather have a foot of snow.

plumber_greg":3vbaiy9k said:

Same comment. The ice storm that went up the Ohio River valley 10 days ago still has many of the counties south of here w/o power. There was so much ice on the 20 foot gate that goes into my farm that I thought it was going to torque the gate off the hinge supports.

I don't know why folks live in that mess. There's plenty of other places like MS. and AL. to live. And they get very little ice and snow. :D

This was the storm from a few weeks ago. We ended up with almost an inch of ice and no snow. The only real way to prepare for it in my opinion is to get plenty of supplies and stay home til it's over.

The biggest pain for me was I had chickens that were 7 weeks old and if a generator went down I would have lost a couple houses of birds. That was very stressful.

circlew":3inewccj said:
This was the storm from a few weeks ago. We ended up with almost an inch of ice and no snow. The only real way to prepare for it in my opinion is to get plenty of supplies and stay home til it's over.

The biggest pain for me was I had chickens that were 7 weeks old and if a generator went down I would have lost a couple houses of birds. That was very stressful.

Pretty pic's but you keep that stuff. We got hit 3 times in two weeks and that was three times to many.
This boy here was wired for 90 degrees with a low of 40. The only upside I have seen is it has warmed up and
you can hear the rye grass growing. If only I didn't need a jon boat to get to it.

Cb my rye grass has really taken off. In october I put out 2.5 tons of litter an acre and I think I may get a little am oink and give it a little kick start.

circlew":jz7odjch said:
Cb my rye grass has really taken off. In october I put out 2.5 tons of litter an acre and I think I may get a little am oink and give it a little kick start.

Turned mine in the hay field today on the rye grass.
I thought I was never get them out this evening they said forget hay.

The freezing cold, and ice seems to have camped out at my place this year. We have cold snaps every winter, but not this long. One thing I've noticed is that it is terribly expensive. Especially when your not set up for it. I have lost 2 16' gates to ice, water lines, extra hay, extra electricity, untold amounts of fencing from broken limbs,gravel roads falling thru. The list goes on and on.

Bigfoot":27qcg7qf said:
The freezing cold, and ice seems to have camped out at my place this year. We have cold snaps every winter, but not this long. One thing I've noticed is that it is terribly expensive. Especially when your not set up for it. I have lost 2 16' gates to ice, water lines, extra hay, extra electricity, untold amounts of fencing from broken limbs,gravel roads falling thru. The list goes on and on.
One you didn't mentioned: The winters here are usually a "one pair of long-underwear" winters so I want to add an item to your list, I been wearing the same pair of long-underwear all winter. The weather never gives me a break to take them off and wash them. I am starting to lose all my friends. :help:

Latest posts