I wish ....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
... Santa would have brought me one of those cell phone jammers for Christmas like I wanted cause I'd be much the richer today since one of my one-armed text messaging workers ran a tractor into a tree because he was too busy texting to watch what he was doing. With a tore up tractor, broken foot and a bargain deal at the hospital, I wonder if any lesson was learned. Sortof doubt it myself. I guess its my fault for not being better on Santa's list. Either way, I'll be paying for it. I'm wondering if since the intrigue of this little toy is so great and I'm only getting a one armed worker with half a brain, can I pay half wages to any and all of these texting fanatics or would this be considred disriminatory under the Americans with Disabilities Act. :???: BTW - Darwin was wrong.

No, I think it has to do with line breeding. Fellas been with me for 10 years. Was pretty good help till he got the new phone.

My son was a pretty good hunter till he got a smart phone. Now I wish it would break before the season closes.
Like my Dad told me "you can't teach common sense"

Sounds like you need one of those jammers too. When its all tallied up it might be cheaper for me to pay the fine for ownership. Heck, just the joy and satisfaction of owning one of those things might be worth the expense. :lol2:

Just thought about this. It would probably please my wife cause if I had one I'd probably want to go shopping with her whenever she went to town and I'd probably know all the greeters at walmart by name.

It would pay for itself if you charged walmart for the pleasure of jamming phones at the checkout line. Walmart wiuld save man hours and be more productive and youd get rich.
On second thought, need a partner?

Figure out what he cost you with his stupidity and then sit him down and show him the amount. That was done to/for me when I was about seventeen and it sure turned me into a better worker. It also turned me into a businessman as before then I'd never considered what went into it beyond my own paycheck.

cow pollinater":xmb1qoa3 said:
Figure out what he cost you with his stupidity and then sit him down and show him the amount. That was done to/for me when I was about seventeen and it sure turned me into a better worker. It also turned me into a businessman as before then I'd never considered what went into it beyond my own paycheck.
That does no good with these kind of people.

Have them leave the cell phone with the lunchpail. Tell them "you are on the clock! I expect your full attention on the job i am paying you for! Otherwise find a new job!" You are the boss, pay the bills, are incharge of safety for your workers. When you hire them, and tell them of the safety things, get them to sign a paper with the "rules" on it so they acknowledge you have told them. Then if they do it, warning, warning, fire their sorry @$$. Document document.
I know this does not help what happened but will help prevent further stupid mistakes by dumb people who think talking/texting while working is acceptable. I do not remember any job i had allowing me personal calls every few minutes. If i had that many calls as an empoyee i would have been fired.
In Manitoba and with other provinces following suit, it is is illegal to drive and text. Caught by the police with a cell phone in your hand while driving..even at a stop light..$500.00 fine

On a simillar note...a person on an ipod with headphones while working. How the heck to do you hear the change in sounds on a tractor when your ears are plugged with music? Ear plugs for safety yes. Ear plugs with music blocking out the sounds around you...stupid

I hired a guy to help pile brush one time, after about two hours of watching him text with one hand and toss limbs with the other, I told him to put the phone up. He worked one more hour and decided I was cutting into his texting time and left. Needless to say I never called him again.

Brings back memories... I had two kitchen workers walk out on me because I stopped their phone use while working in my kitchen. Both went down the street and got jobs at the local grocery store for less money and still couldn't talk on the phone while working. Guess they showed me. :lol:

Beefy":1p8a276z said:
sorry you hurt your foot.

You just couldn't help yourself could you. Just gotta go throwing salt on the wound, a little gas on the fire. You should be ashamed of yourself. :lol2:

Latest posts