I want a jacuzzi, what should I know?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My wife and I are thinking of buying a jucuzzi spa. I know very little about them, what things should I know about? ie; 220v or 100v okay, heater strength, pump strength.

Any help?

Thanks,
Alan

Wanted one till I got one. Loved it at first, ended up never using it and it was a pain. Gave it away.

220V definitely. Be prepared for friends to show up at all hours of the night.

They have built in heating units, that on most models are digitally contolled.

auctionboy":3ln3nc0z said:
I think you will need a second hot water heater.

I don't think you do. It's not even plumbed into the household hot water system.

Had one when we lived in Phoenix, we used ours more than the pool. I went for one that had a matte looking speckled type finish over one that had a shiney glass marble like finish,less likely to scratch. Ours held 10 people,get one twice as big as you think you might need. More room and far more jet options with the bigger models. They are easy to keep balanced with chemicals,I used slow dissolve chlorine sticks in the skimmer. Unless your water is really out of whack you should rarely need to add acid or other chemicals. Don't need "bath time toys" if you put lattice around it to conceal the spa. Had some hot times in ours. ;-) No pun intended. :lol:

You have several good replies. Heck, I thought you just needed a cute sign that said "No suits permitted".
Hot Tubs have a lot in common with exercise machines. You see both at yard sales in "lightly used" condition. :lol:

Alan, once you decide on the kind you want get a professional to install it and it must have a GROUND FAULT BREAKER:::::::::

Also if you are going to put it on your deck or outside make sure you don't completely enclose it as if it breaks down which it will you will want to be able to work on it.

Maitanance every day check PH levels and add bacteria killing chemicals. If you don't look after it it can kill you or at the least make you very ill.

We will never have one again ;steam baths and spa's are the better bang for your buck and are also very healthy as they cleanse your body of toxins.

Anyways, make sure you have the ground fault breaker that is the most important thing to have.Good luck and enjoy.

Alan

You may wish to consider putting in a jacuzzi bathtub instead. Works as a conventional bathtub but has the pumps & jets like the jacuzzi's, just not as large a volume. Had one in a previous house, really liked it after a hard day. Didn't have to treat the water to keep critters, etc from growing in it. No continuous power load for heating. Does the same thing without the maintenance headaches. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks for all the replies. My biggest fear is buying one and using it for a month and watching it sit never to use it again.

Just started looking at them, lots of options; dual pumps, 220v, many sizes and shapes, big difference in prices between manufacturers, water falls, pop up tv's. :shock:

Thanks again,
Alan

I had one I bought used because I wasn't sure how much I would use it. Like most of my stuff, it was broke when I bought it and I repaired it. I got it cheap though. I had a problem with my water at first then got that straightened out and used it for a month or so and then gave it away.

I would suggest used as most likely you will end up like the rest of us, selling it to make room for a nice barb-b-que. :lol:

I've never wanted one but if I had one I wouldn't want anyone else using it. I heard you can catch bad things that way.

Gate Opener":1uymyy6k said:
I've never wanted one but if I had one I wouldn't want anyone else using it. I heard you can catch bad things that way.

If you maintain the chemicals and clorine it's not a problem. It is those that don't maintain like a lot of motel/hotels that you catch the crud from. If you walk by one and can't smell clorine, it doesn't have enough. I never would go in one a hotel/motel.

In the winter, even with a good sheet of ice, the fishing is poor... Right up there with ice rinks...
And some "Blondes" should be required to wear life jackets... :lol:

Texas PaPaw said:
Alan
You may wish to consider putting in a jacuzzi bathtub instead. quote]
Yes. We have a jacuzzi bathtub. Loved it the first winter. Didnt use it all summer. The next winter, went to turn it on and little mouse body parts came out the jets :shock: I havent used it since.

My thoughts are also, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that on those hot summer days I can turn the heat to 80 or so degrees and enjoy a nice cooling tub. :D I assume that is correct?

Alan

Alan":1y5yi9xp said:
My thoughts are also, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that on those hot summer days I can turn the heat to 80 or so degrees and enjoy a nice cooling tub. :D I assume that is correct?

Alan

Correct

You control the temp of the water as you fill it. It's just a big bathtub (several different sizes) with a pump and jets that you can turn off/on. Can also be used as a conventional tub.

Never had a problem with mice in it.

Latest posts