i started not to post this but

Help Support CattleToday:

SANDTRAP

Reaction score
it's been on my mind everyday for a couple weeks now.
first let me explain the circumstances
i had been gone all week making customer calls talking to dozens of people everyday and most with problems they wanted me to remedy.
i had been staying in hotels every night and i never sllep well when i'm away from home.
i had stopped at the ranch to spend the day and night before going on home.
i was tired of sitting behind the wheel of the pickup and decided to get the chainsaw and cut some trees and brush in the fence line and it was hot(105-110 remember this)
i had been cutting a while and my mind was on everything that i needed to do relating earlier in the week, but there was a pounding noise like someone driving t-post.
after a while the pounding was getting louder and louder so i turned off the chainsaw to see where the noise was coming from and the noise was my heart beat pounding in my head.
i decided to quit before i got heat stroke.
so i my mind is scrambled from everything earlier in the week
i'm sleep deprived and now close to heat exhaustion
well this is where it gets weird
i get on the atv and start for the house but about halfway there i decide to go and check the water in the trough.
i cut across the pasture.(agian my mind is elsewhere and i'm beyond hot- it's about 110 degrees.
i'm riding along and look down and there are wagon tracks and i look to my left and about 100-200 yards a way is an 1800's era wagon and something is wrong with wagon,something like a busted wheel or axle but not turned over but a wheel is off the ground.
my heart skips a beat and i feel fear in the pit on my stomach.
something to my right catch my attention and up on the hill is a single indian.
he is riding an apaloosa or has his horse painted and he has a single white feather blowing in the wind but it is tetherd to bow or lance or somthing. he is sitting on his horse looking down at the wagon.
then i flash away for split second, but i flash back and turn to look back at the wagon and before i can't turn to look i flash back and i'm on my atv looking the the trail that i use to run back and forth to the house and barn.
my heart was still pounding and still felt the fear in my stomach.
for a few seconds i was gone from 2011 and was in back a couple hundred years
is wasn't a dream, it was as real as any other day.
i've tried to make sense of it but i can't figure what happened.
have you ever had such an experience ?

Yes it sounds like a panic attack and sleep deprivation to me as well.

Only hallucination I have experienced when I was young after watching an episode of Dr Who on TV with a giant spider.

I was dreaming of the giant spider and woke. I wanted to get rid of the giant spider so I opened my eyes and the whole of the ceiling and walls was covered in spiders. All different sizes and colours everyone different.

Scared I squeezed my eyes shut and saw nothing. I opened them again and the walls and ceiling were back to their usual selves.

The only other time I have experience something was when I went to buy demizen when sick. I was asked if I wanted the 6 hour or the 12 hour. I bought the 12 hour and wondered why anyone would buy the 6 hour when they could buy 12.

Well I ended up watching myself sleeping!!! and figured that was why people buy the 6 hour instead of the 12.

In all times thirst, heat, and sleep deprivation has been used to induce spiritual visions. Wether they are outside of you; or inside, I guess you never know?
I hope you took a bath in the trough, to cool off.

Are you ok now?
Can you look up the history of your place and see if anything like that happened there?
Many people believe that all times/eras exist at the same time,just at different friquency(sp)
and sometimes things slip and you can see other times.

one thing that keeps bothering me is when i first saw the tracks i was startled and before i saw the indian i felt fear in my stomach and my heart raced.
i was there and part of it, i was not just there watching this but i was a part of it.
naturally you would assume i felt fear from the indian but i felt fear when i saw the tracks and the wagon before i was aware the indian was there.
but the indian never looked at me, he was looking at the wagon.
why would i feel fear ?

You don't put where you are on your avatar area :mad: so I can't but wonder if you live in what was once Indian/pioneer country.
I would guess that you had a trancendental experience and flipped back in time or into another dimension. A lot of people have experiences of seeing civil war soldiers at certain battle field locations. Maybe this is sort of the same thing.

A friend of mine used to talk of seeing an Indian boy on a horse in Oklahoma territory. He felt that the Indian boy was him. He lived in Louisiana, not Oklahoma, but he felt some sort of attraction to Oklahoma.

Here in Louisiana there are stories of a lot of houses in which ghost live. They usually don't bother anything much. They just "live" there.

the ranch is off the cap rock south of the red river, southwest of quanah tx(named for quanah parker) close the wichita and pease river
there is a wet weather creek that runs through this place and i would imagine the indians called it home before the settlers moved in.

I think you had a "time slip" and saw what had happened.. It'd be interesting to take a metal dector to that area and see what you could dig up...

Angus Cowman":2xinmm1m said:
1982vett":2xinmm1m said:
Brute 23":2xinmm1m said:
Ya... stay away from shrooms. That stuff is bad for you. ;-)
LOL...What I was thinking.... :nod:
Makes 3 or us ;-) ;-)

i swear i was sober and don't know whether you eat, smoke or snort a shroom.
it was as real as i am sitting here now.
i felt like i was there then or was there when it happened 200 years ago, only the grass was tall and green.

When I was hurt, I remember being in the barn and seeing a longhorn steer in the concrete. He didn't go away till the drugs wore off, but maybe he died there before the concrete was poured and was really there. Now I gotta' change my story. gs

Sandtrap if it was real to you then that's all that matters. Most likely it was an hallucination brought on by the effects of the heat stroke. But stranger things have happened to folks not sick or stoned so who the heck are we to say it didn't happen just that way. Have you been out there since and if so how did you feel?

Sometimes going back will get it out of your head..........or make it worse, heck who knows?

I had a dream when I was 12 and I can still play it back to this day by just closing my eyes and thinking about it....FWIW it was not a good one.

I wonder if it has any similarity to an indian sweat tent. They say you see stuff in those. I've seen some odd stuff in my life so I'm not going to make any speculation on whether its real or a hallucination. And yes, I do believe there is a spirit world.

Latest posts