I need to take more trips......

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Went to the Farm Machinery show yesterday and figured this would be trouble any-day. I bought 25 angus/angus cross heifer calves in November 2017 that averaged just a tad above 550 pounds. Well I took a chance and did not give them a shot to knock out being bred. I noticed this one about a month ago, and looks like the only one bred, and figured I would have trouble. This morning early it was up and a hold of a tit already. Also another cow that had lost a calf last year had one and it looked to be in good shape. She will probably weigh maybe six hundred pounds. Like I said I need to go on more trips.

rk0WD7u.jpg

True Grit Farms":1cf7rt52 said:
You called that one yesterday. It's snowing hard here today, hopefully the roads won't be to bad heading south tonight.
Be careful going home as you have a pretty good drive. Maybe the snow/rain will be gone by the time you are on the road south..

kenny thomas":n8ujhhir said:
I will give 1.10 a lb. That would be a profit.
Kenny, Nov 2017 was a good month for buyers, not so much sellers. I think I averaged around $600 a calf when I bought them.

jltrent":3g36fgfz said:
kenny thomas":3g36fgfz said:
I will give 1.10 a lb. That would be a profit.
Kenny, Nov 2017 was a good month for buyers, not so much sellers. I think I averaged around $600 a calf when I bought them.
So I really am offering a 10% profit in just 3 months. :lol2:

Latest posts