I Need A Beef Judge In Massachusetts

Help Support CattleToday:

april2982

Reaction score
looking for someone with exsperiance in judgeing...

i need a judge to judge the beef show at Barnstable County Fair in Barnstable Mass.... some one who isn't afraid to comment over a michrphone and knows about beef cattle... show starts July 27 at 4pm

Payed to judge
Payed travel-cents per mile
and hotel

april2982":3h27ac61 said:
looking for someone with exsperiance in judgeing...

i need a judge to judge the beef show at Barnstable County Fair in Barnstable Mass.... some one who isn't afraid to comment over a michrphone and knows about beef cattle... show starts July 27 at 4pm

Payed to judge
Payed travel-cents per mile
and hotel

Try your local / state / national beef organizations. Or go to a major slaughter operation and have a buyer do the work. They know what companies are looking for in an animal going to the meat locker.

Finally, the larger feedlot orgs often have people who can and do judge competitions. They know what feedlots want in an animal.

If you are looking for a person to judge the "prettiest" animal as in a beauty pageant versus a functional beef steer try some of the state fairs - they may be able to help.

Bez>

Thanks Bez...

i'll try that...

See i need a judge for both meat and beauty (fitting&showmanship, and type classes)
Thanks again

i would have been able to make it if you would have asked about a month ago but i have another show i am judgeing that day.You might Try Cristal Covey. i will try and find her number. she has been showing cattle and swine since she was 5

nope i would have been going through on the day before to go get some cattle so i could have stopped but know my dad is going to go through there

Moocow11":1hq7ppqy said:
i have another show i am judgeing that day

Can you get me a tape or DVD of this event? I'll bet it could win America's Funniest Videos.

AAOK":x31kgjtg said:
Moocow11":x31kgjtg said:
i have another show i am judgeing that day

Can you get me a tape or DVD of this event? I'll bet it could win America's Funniest Videos.
i dont know if im missin somethin here, but im really not finding anything funny about this. :roll: karlton knows his sh!t.

I'll come judge. I bet its a heck of a trip from Texas to Massachusetts. If you'll pay for the trip I wont even ask for any other fees. Of course I've never judged before. Have been showing for ~19years, and was on a couple of judging teams. I like to think I know good cattle, but no "professional" judging.

Ryan

Well i love the fact that you would want to take the time to travel that far to judge my show... but to be honest i think that a bit to far we only pay 25cents per mile and over two thousand miles would only be about $500. and gas is very exspensive now...plus, i'm sure you know what your doing and your probably very good at it but i really did want someone with a bit experiance... but i thank you for your interest... :cboy:

You could call an ag college or university that may have students or graduates that need judging experience. We usually have a college grad judge at least one or two of our 4-H shows. If there is a beef organization in your state or neighboring state someone from the org. may judge shows.

i tryed to get a teacher from my old aggie school but i haven't heard back from him but maybe he would know a student interested in judgeing?! thanks

I can do it or my wife we both have judged fairs and have shown for years. I also was on a judging team. I am in CT about 2.5 - 3 hours away

Latest posts