I made it out

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Wow!! We were stuck at my sisters place north of St Francisville, Louisiana for a couple of days. No power. No phone. No internet. That part was great. Back up "whole house" generator ran off of propane so we had lights and A/C. We went there from Shreveport down 49 to Alexandria then across thru New Roads. Couldn't come back that route. Had to come up thru Natchez, Mississippi once we could get back on the road out of her place.

Has anyone heard from Cypressfarms? I expect he's in a real mess over in the flat land. We had 23 inches of rain one day there.

I hope everyone is OK. This is a real challenge.. Livestock losses must be huge.

Glad you made it home..

Once you get that far down, seems rain would have plenty of places to go anyway HG. I worked at Port Fourchon for a few months--pretty much the end of the world. Only place worse was Venice. Long drive from Lafayette.

NECowboy":1etogoq8 said:
Wow glad ur ok backhoe. Did u end up taking that Kansas job?

No I am staying put. Guess the roots are just too deep on this ground.

backhoeboogie":3cczb56k said:
NECowboy":3cczb56k said:

True that, I would stay put at your age. If you ever get up this way again give me a shout!

backhoeboogie":i9r6na0e said:
NECowboy":i9r6na0e said:

Smart move. You need to wait and get fat like me before you take on those cold Kansas winters. :lol2:

TexasBred":2gcn7n2w said:
backhoeboogie":2gcn7n2w said:
NECowboy":2gcn7n2w said:

Smart move. You need to wait and get fat like me before you take on those cold Kansas winters. :lol2:

What you talking about Kansas is warm! :lol:

NECowboy":3kduzxnp said:
TexasBred":3kduzxnp said:
backhoeboogie":3kduzxnp said:

My uncle moved from Sheridan, Wyoming to Park, Kansas. Said he didn't know what cold was til he moved to Kansas. :lol:

TexasBred":r9tsbyes said:
NECowboy":r9tsbyes said:
TexasBred":r9tsbyes said:

My uncle moved from Sheridan, Wyoming to Park, Kansas. Said he didn't know what cold was til he moved to Kansas. :lol:

I'm just kidding. I'm not far from the KS border myself. Both KS and NE have the curse of hot summers and freezing winters - KS a little hotter and NE a little colder but both plenty uncomfortable at times and always windy!!!

yeah sure gets cold in both places. bought a hotel in Rexford Kansas so we had a place to hunt pheasant and deer. usually warm when we arrived but colder than I could appreciate when we left. sure good hunting. best café in the state and Cheryl was as a great cook as you could find.

Latest posts