I have problem.

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
First of all, I got an email from some girl by the J. Didier, through pm on another board, saying this:

Hi

I am jane didier, i will like you to write me at ([email protected]) so that we can know much about each other

So I replied back, thinking it was one of those folks that wanna become cyber-friends with ya like on any other board. In my reply, I think I added too much info, because I told her about my university degree, and my aspirations, BUT I did NOT tell her my last name or where I lived (just a general idea).

And then, surprise surprise, I got this back:

Abidjan, Ivory Coast .

My dear,
My name is Miss. Jane Didier . I wish to request for your assistance in my efforts to procure the transfer of my inherited fund for investment in your country. I have inherited Ten Million Five hundred thousand United States Dollars ($10,500,000.00) in my name with one of the prime banks here and I will require your assistance in receiving the transfer of the funds in your local bank account for investment purposes. As it is my desire to come over to your country to further my education while you take good care of the investment of my money. I will be glad to give you 15% of the total sum for your co-operation and assistance.
I will be very appreciative if you can return to me with urgent dispatch to enable me introduce you to the bank and give you my late father's account details .
I await in anticipation to receive your immediate response.
Miss. Jane Didier .

Now did I just get suckered into a scam?? I wanna reply back asking "why have you chosen me" and so on and so forth, but I don't know because this caught me completely off guard (unless it was designed to do so).

I need some help figgering this one out. :help: :help:

No problem yet, just don't respond again.

Somebody really should step forward and help Miss Didier out though. She's been trying to get someone to take all that money off her hands for years.

IluvABbeef":3536ecq7 said:
Now did I just get suckered into a scam?? I wanna reply back asking "why have you chosen me" and so on and so forth, but I don't know because this caught me completely off guard (unless it was designed to do so).

I need some help figgering this one out. :help: :help:

It's a scam. Just don't respond any further and it should die out..or at least not get any worse. More importantly, how did you manage to avoid getting those garbage emails up till now? Between Nigerian bankers and European lotteries I figure I should own 1/2 of Canada by now! :cboy:

Aaron I have recieved scam emails like that before, only I haven't replied back to them.

I'm letting this one slide, though I am tempted to e-mail this person back telling them to go @#$% themsleves. ;-) :lol:

I gotta get back to studying, thanks for your help.

I'm not up to checking line by line, but I think Masterbeef man has broken Flounder's longest post record.

ga. prime":2bf17d4r said:
I'm not up to checking line by line, but I think Masterbeef man has broken Flounder's longest post record.

Yes, and was that really necessary?? Honestly! :oops:

Just don't respond.
I get those all the time. I just put them on my Block Sender list and they go straight to the trash bin.
Pretty darn sneaky when they use a forum pm to get to you now.
Can you report them to an adminastrator(sp?) like we can here? If you can I would.

THanks ILH and Chrisy. I never thought to report to the admin, but I will do this right away.

ga. prime":1kakgdcw said:

:lol2: :lol2: And the solution to the problem is simply click "add sender to blocked senders list" and delete.

IluvABbeef":1ud0pf6p said:
THanks ILH and Chrisy. I never thought to report to the admin, but I will do this right away.

PM to admin sent off. thanks again. :)

I actually know some people that put money in one of these scams. A lot of it. I couldn't believe these folks were so gullible - or greedy. Blinded by greed so to speak. One of them actually lost a farm because of the scam. Some kind of locked up money in Africa deal that they were entitled to if they helped get the money released. For every $1000 they put in they could possibly get $50,000 back. Come on now. If it sounds too good to be true - it is a scam. Even the contract they signed specifically said the money was not guaranteed.

mnmtranching":rxfbeisv said:
You know? those scams must work once in a while, keeps em going.

It's the gullible people that send money, that keeps them going. I have heard that even experienced business men have lost money to them. I would have thought anyone would know if you haven't entered anything how can you win. And who in their right mind is going to give away that sort of money. As they say a fool and his money are soon parted. But lets hope that in getting in touch with the mediators on the site will help stop some other fool getting suckered in.

TexasBred":1ckejplt said:
ga. prime":1ckejplt said:

:lol2: :lol2: And the solution to the problem is simply click "add sender to blocked senders list" and delete.

No way. It's not a problem. Why anyone would use that block function, I don't know. Masterbeef dances to the beat of a different drum for sure, but that's what keeps things cookin'. In the words of John Lennon,"We all shine on."

A friend lost $3000 to the Womens Supper Club pyramid scheme.
I had just seen it on 20/20 and warned her when she mentioned it to me, so I would join. No way.
Got me really concerned when she told me that it had to be kept secret. :shock:

Latest posts