I guess I give people too much credit

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
I have been know to defend angus assn and CAB
ThenI read this on another site

When I have steak, a nice cab is a must.

CAB, is not what its drummed up to be.
Grossly overpriced by representing pure Angus. CAB is only required to have 51% black hide.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_CAB_have ... Angus_beef

Try the real deals,
Creekstone Angus,identified by the black box.
Premium Gold Angus Originally

Try the real deals,
Creekstone Angus,identified by the black box.
Premium Gold Angus

The half truth in marketing has become not only an acceptable practice but even characterized as being "good". The leaders and representatives of our country are prime examples of acceptable lies that some will even praise for being great leaders, while overlooking their lies. Yet if our children do this to us we tell them it's wrong and may even punish them. What's wrong with the picture?

The 51% black hide worked good till every tom, dick, and harry started to breed for black hided animals. Years ago most black cows were Angus, now it's anybody's guess. Hopefully the real Angus people will require DNA testing to prove CAB is atleast 51% Angus. The AAA has dropped the ball here I feel. I think they are 10 years to late for DNA testing to meet CAB. The AAA had the quality beef market sowed up. Now there's way to many black cows selling as CAB. And it's the AAA fault that they didn't shut the door soon enough.

highgrit":20yyolow said:
The 51% black hide worked good till every tom, dick, and harry started to breed for black hided animals. Years ago most black cows were Angus, now it's anybody's guess. Hopefully the real Angus people will require DNA testing to prove CAB is atleast 51% Angus. The AAA has dropped the ball here I feel. I think they are 10 years to late for DNA testing to meet CAB. The AAA had the quality beef market sowed up. Now there's way to many black cows selling as CAB. And it's the AAA fault that they didn't shut the door soon enough.

It was marketing genius for makerting their bull's that has turned into one of the biggest con's ever.
I have an Angus bull standing in my pasture and I really don't like him just because of the breed.

When my daughter was in college she worked at a big feed yard in the panhandle processing cattle as they came in.
She said that if it was black, it went in the CAB pen. She thinks that the CAB thing is a big joke on the consumer.

chippie said:
When my daughter was in college she worked at a big feed yard in the panhandle processing cattle as they came in.
She said that if it was black, it went in the CAB pen. She thinks that the CAB thing is a big joke on the consumer.[/quote]

Don't we all?

Keep in mind though the American consumer will fall for almost anything if you package it right ;-)

i think your getting CAB and angus beef confused CAB is graded on the rail if it doesnt grade its not CAB.
Angus beef can be called that at 51% angus thats the stuff thats in the Angus burgeres at the different fast food places and some stores its Angus beef but not CAB there is a difference or at least thats what ive always been told.

bse":1ctzs5cc said:
i think your getting CAB and angus beef confused CAB is graded on the rail if it doesnt grade its not CAB.
Angus beef can be called that at 51% angus thats the stuff thats in the Angus burgeres at the different fast food places and some stores its Angus beef but not CAB there is a difference or at least thats what ive always been told.

Exactly
I never thought the consumer would buy in to the "angus"
I figured the consumer would/does purchase CAB for the grade/quality of the cut
I didn't figure they would seek out the angus name alone

I'm not one to defend any broad painted statement or label but CAB does insure a certain degree of quality standards but it is biased in that it only will grade cattle that have semi-black hides. This does a disservice to other breeds or carcasses whose meat may be superior but are culled due to hair color. Personally, I don't see why people don't purchase off the grade standards that are already in place. But then again, you are dealing with the public and they are a stupid lot. I saw some prime ribeyes selling for $5/lb when right next to it was some iffy looking CAB selling for $8.99/lb. I asked the butcher about this and he laughed and complimented me on my knowledge of beef but told me the public wouldn't buy the prime because it had "too much marbling" and wasn't considered healthy. Has the public become this dumbed down by all this health food nonsense?

This is the exact reason I think the Imbalance Label is going to do so well. Studies have shown that if you eat Imbalancer meat you could live up to 60 years longer than those who eat grassfed or CAB and I'll guarantee this statement.

"CERTIFIED IMBALANCER BEEF"
"Hope and Change for the Betterment of Beef"

Hope you got a lot of straws of Demetrius available.

Bse,
Re"
IMO, You are correct!
SL

Kathie in Thorp":1olbn63a said:
Cross_7 -- I'm not trying to change the subject, but I just wonder if
When I have steak, a nice cab is a must
is actually referring to cabernet suavignon, a red wine, which is a favorite to be served with red meats, and usually referred to as
. ??

Kathie I don't really know
I don't know people that talk like that or drinks wine
It came from a Texas based forum but it may have been posted by a Dallas yuppie that doesn't know sheep shyt from cottonseed

But I was really talking about the one guys telling the other how CAB is inferior to 100% angus beef

cross_7":1ceefej3 said:
Kathie in Thorp":1ceefej3 said:
Cross_7 -- I'm not trying to change the subject, but I just wonder if
When I have steak, a nice cab is a must
is actually referring to cabernet suavignon, a red wine, which is a favorite to be served with red meats, and usually referred to as
. ??

Kathie I don't really know
I don't know people that talk like that or drinks wine
It came from a Texas based forum but it may have been posted by a Dallas yuppie that doesn't know sheep shyt from cottonseed

But I was really talking about the one guys telling the other how CAB is inferior to 100% angus beef
Yeah, I know what you were talking about, which is why I said I wasn't trying to change the subject. :) But my guess is that the steak/cab comment was about wine vs. the CAB debate.

This is not a new topic, but it looks to be headed to the same ending. I don't know if we can call this a debate because not many standing up for CAB other to say they "had" a great marketing plan (it's now turned into a scam). While I agree that a percentage of the population can be told anything and they will buy it for gospel but in CAB's case the general public can see that CAB stands for certified angus beef leaves little room for other thoughts. What are most consumers to think but the package says certified angus beef, it's certified to be angus. A scam on beef eaters ...... But they could end up with a 9 year old Holstein cow served up as hamburger at their local market.

3waycross":3n49axdu said:
I reread the original post. he is talking about wine!

Well in that case when I eat a steak BP and CBL is a must! Oh, that's a baked potato and a cold bud light. I do try to eat CHB, certified Hereford beef, because their standards are much tighter than CAB, only Hereford beef goes into CH?....... What CHB guidelines are exactly the same as CAB only hides have to red. That's a scam also, but at least I could end up eating angus.

Red wine is always/should be served with red meat, white wine should be served with fish and other meats. ( chicken & pork )
BON APPETIT
That's my two cents
SL

Latest posts