I feel real dumb!

Help Support CattleToday:

sidney411

Reaction score
Well, I think I've topped my stupid mistakes again. On Sunday evening I was working on the rakes, which are broke down in a neighbors field. I had the wrong size punch to get a roll pin out with but didn't want to go all the way to the barn again to find another one so I was trying to ease it out just going around the edges but it got stuck in the middle. I yanked on it to get it out and hit myself in the mouth with the butt end of the punch. Broke open my lip and I bled like a stuck pig, went to spit out some blood and half of my front tooth came out with it. :oops:

Well,if you do it again,you're a reall dummy...Now go to the Dentest and get that tooth fixed.

sidney411":1vy0fzzm said:
Well, I think I've topped my stupid mistakes again. On Sunday evening I was working on the rakes, which are broke down in a neighbors field. I had the wrong size punch to get a roll pin out with but didn't want to go all the way to the barn again to find another one so I was trying to ease it out just going around the edges but it got stuck in the middle. I yanked on it to get it out and hit myself in the mouth with the butt end of the punch. Broke open my lip and I bled like a stuck pig, went to spit out some blood and half of my front tooth came out with it. :oops:
all in a days hazards of running a farm.just hope your not working alone an knock yourself out.

I vote for not gettin' it fixed. Now you can spit your bacca juice thru it! :lol:

cfpinz

Ah, Sydney...that sucks! No need to admonish you...you're doing a good enough job of that yourself. Hopefully you'll be able to save what's left of the tooth and get it capped somehow.

Take care,

Alice

Punched myself in the nose one day some years ago - so hard I blackened both eyes - details need not be revealed.

So I can sympathize.

And I also can ..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

at you!!

Enjoy the day my friend,

Bez>

I got a cut on my hand right now from trying to hold and strip 30 y/o wire. The cut came right after I mumbled out loud "This is stupid...."

I was right!!

If they can't fix the tooth, get a John Deere green cap..... Gold is overrated....

Ouch sidney! You can get the tooth capped. I guess you won't try that stunt again.

You're not alone.

I sent the driving end of a flat-head screwdriver into my mouth by going through my lower lip. Don't ask.

Katherine

I'm sure they can put cap on it with no problem.
You may decide to just get it pulled and also the one next to it. Then you can just pull a chicken leg through and strip all the meat off at one swipe. Knew a guy one time that said if he ever got too lazy to work he was going to quit drinking, get two teeth pulled for the stated purpose, and take up preaching. He knew preachers get fed a lot of fried chicken.

Disclaimer-To all preachers-I am just reporting what he said. I, myself didn't originate it.

Funny thing, I never knew of him to work as it was. I do know he did a lot of drinking.

No need to feel dumb, Sydney, we've all done something similiar. The one that comes to mind with me is the day we working the bulls, I reached over the gate to poke one with my sorting stick, he responded by kicking the gate and whacking me in the mouth with it. Fortunately it didn't chip/break any teeth, but I sure had a nice pair of fat lips for a while and I avoided anything with salt! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Sure glad you got the bleeding stopped. ;-) Don't worry about that tooth, as long as you still got some you'll be OK. :frowns:

I feel bad for you Sid but I have to say...that is what you get for working on Sunday.

No matter what is going on, what the weather is doing...we don't work on Sunday. Hubby worked on the semi one Sunday afternoon and it was broke down 120 miles from by wednesday.

Good luck getting that tooth fixed!

Sidney, I got the same result pulling a valve stem core from an innertube. Good luck with the tooth. They did a root canal and put a crown on mine.

Thanks Ya'll! I know Cert but I have no choice at the present time but to work on Saturday, Sunday, and every day before and after my town job and commute.

I went in to the dentist and he built it up with some epoxy stuff and ground on it for about 2 hrs with some dremil looking thing that made my whole head jitter. It looks almost back to new but he had to build it up more in the back because the tooth was so thin from flaking off in the back and it just really feels wierd. I can't keep from messing with it and it feels cold all the time. He said I will get used to it though.

sidney411":1wwijg2l said:
Thanks Ya'll! I know Cert but I have no choice at the present time but to work on Saturday, Sunday, and every day before and after my town job and commute.

I went in to the dentist and he built it up with some epoxy stuff and ground on it for about 2 hrs with some dremil looking thing that made my whole head jitter. It looks almost back to new but he had to build it up more in the back because the tooth was so thin from flaking off in the back and it just really feels wierd. I can't keep from messing with it and it feels cold all the time. He said I will get used to it though.
You will get used to it if there is nothing uncomfortable about it. Believe me, I know.
Been there. Done that. More than once.

cfpinz":2nwu9wse said:
I vote for not gettin' it fixed. Now you can spit your bacca juice thru it! :lol:

cfpinz

I think you should count your blessings Sid. If you lived around here, that woulda been the only Tooth in your Mouth. :shock:

Crowderfarms":3aiddc8h said:
cfpinz":3aiddc8h said:

cfpinz

If you lived around here, that woulda been the only Tooth in your Mouth. :shock:

I thought that only happened in Alabama. :?

Latest posts