Hydraulic Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

midTN_Brangusman

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade to a hydraulic squeeze chute. Currently using a manual powder river. It has done well for me but wanted to upgrade to hydraulic. Those that have one, what do you recommend and which ones to stay away from?

I have found a like new used stronghold chute, anyone ever used one of these? Thanks

Last edited:
I've used an Arrowquip and a WW. Both were nice and I really didn't see anything wrong with either, well except for the learning curve on how to use them best. Everyone I know that has a hydraulic chute says they wish they had a Silencer though. I've never ask why or what the advantage to them is. I'm guessing they cost allot more though.

Silencer chutes sure aren't cheap. But if you run enough cattle to make it worth the expense of a hydraulic chute you might as well have the best one made. And that would be a Silencer.

What I use most on the chute besides the obvious is the head turner and on ours you can use the tail gate to catch the next cow in line that lets us work 2 at a time depending on what we're doing. One thing I really like is the hydraulic alley, we fill it up with 6 or so squeeze all of them at once. Makes working fast when you don't have to head catch every animal. Our chute has all the bells and whistles but we seldom use them.

What I use most on the chute besides the obvious is the head turner and on ours you can use the tail gate to catch the next cow in line that lets us work 2 at a time depending on what we're doing. One thing I really like is the hydraulic alley, we fill it up with 6 or so squeeze all of them at once. Makes working fast when you don't have to head catch every animal. Our chute has all the bells and whistles but we seldom use them.
what brand is you chute/alley?

Latest posts