Hybrid Bemuda Grass.

Help Support CattleToday:

Stepper

Reaction score
I am thinking about maybe spriging 15 acre's of a hybrid bemuda grass. I am in North West Arkansas and am not sure which type would be best for my location. I am going to check with my extention agent in the morning as to what he reccommend's. But i was wondering if anyone else in this area might have sprigged any grass and what type's? And how much success did they have ? I have herd some good thing's about tiffton 44. It has been a few years and i can not remember the tonage per acre it is projected to produce. But herd it was a good grass. I sprigged a couple acres of world feeder and am not real impressed with it. It has some good points but i think it can be beat.

TDR,

I wonder how many tons per acre Ozarka will produce ? Sound's like it is suppose to be a good bemuda grass. But i read and herd lots of good things about World Feeder bemuda grass. My mistake was not checking into seeing how big of a forage producer it was. World Feeder is cold and drought tolerant to a fairly good extent and it is easy to establish. It spread's and cover's the first summer you sprig it. And you can even graze it in late summer the first year you sprig it. But it dose'nt produce that well.

Latest posts