How to load a back rub?

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
Bought my first back rub today. I have Permectrin I have been spraying some as they eat. Explain to me the proper mixture with diesel and how to load it.

midtncattle":28gos5tg said:
Bought my first back rub today. I have Permectrin I have been spraying some as they eat. Explain to me the proper mixture with diesel and how to load it.
The permectrin container will give you the proper dilution. I use Permectrin II and mix 8 oz to 5 Gal of diesel. When I used those giasnt tube sock rubs I just filled a srayer and kept spraying the tube all the way aorund from end to end until it couldn;t hold anymore.

Do you do that every day, Dun? Or will it hold enough for a couple or three days?

i mix the same way but i mix it in a 55 gallon barrel and make just enugh to soak the tube rub in it for a day or two.

I've had good luck with 4 or 5 oz Permectrin II in 2.5 gal diesel and pour it from a gas can. The sprayer just did not get enough on to soak it especially a new one which may hold a gallon the first time. I use the "flypps" also - cloth strips tied to the rub that hang down to get their face etc where it is most needed. I pour more on about once a week this time of year.

Jim

I use a plastic motor oil container with said mix and pour from the ends. For face flyps I attach old cotton tube socks with baling twine.

fitz

Latest posts