How to Load 8' Brillion Cultipacker in Truck Bed

Help Support CattleToday:

Not a find. Ran over a stump with it putting the finishing touch on a deer food plot and broke one of the two cast iron end pieces that holds the axle, and of course bent the axle.. choice was between taking it apart and loading on the truck or hauling a trailer and loader in and making two or three trips loading and hauling it out and and going back and getting the loader. Fortunately, it came apart pretty easy.

It can be fixed, but it'll cost plenty. The welding man said nickel rods were $66/lb and it'll take 2 lbs of rods at least.

ga.prime":3kp8k5ai said:
It can be fixed, but it'll cost plenty. The welding man said nickel rods were $66/lb and it'll take 2 lbs of rods at least.

I probably wouldnt fix it and just wait for a farm sale and buy another one :lol:

skyhightree1":1u4s1f4c said:
ga.prime":1u4s1f4c said:

I probably wouldnt fix it and just wait for a farm sale and buy another one :lol:
Me too, but it's my bro in law's. :lol2:

ga.prime":3r9lnyc7 said:
skyhightree1":3r9lnyc7 said:
ga.prime":3r9lnyc7 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now thats funny

ga.prime":3kdhi9uy said:
skyhightree1":3kdhi9uy said:
ga.prime":3kdhi9uy said:

If it belongs to a Bro in law just take it back to him in as is condition. That is how all Bro in laws I have had do it?

ga.prime":34y8s34i said:
Ga Prime
I ain't sure how much I would trust you welding man as he is full of it or trying to screw you if he is telling you Nickel rods are $66 pr lb unless he is the one getting screwed by his supplier
More in the $20 to $30 lb range
But he just may be marking them up 100% on you
Check with him then go buy your own rods if needed
For what that is you could use ni 55 rod instead of the 99 rod
The 55 rod should be around $20 pr lb where 99 is going to be in the $30 price range or higher

Thanks, AC, yeah I was suspect on that $66 figure and went and got a second opinion from another welder and got a much better offer.

ga.prime":3tmojc4l said:
Thanks, AC, yeah I was suspect on that $66 figure and went and got a second opinion from another welder and got a much better offer.
Good deal if I was closer I would come help ya fix it
One of these days I am gonna take sometime and venture up to Fl and see HighGrit maybe I can meet up with you also

Latest posts