how much??

Help Support CattleToday:

Moocow11

Reaction score
'I am thinking about custom hauling for people areound here. I have a 2004 Chevy duramax allison. And a 2007 8 x 30 Elite Livestock Trailer that has 7' ceilings. how much do you think i should charge

Why not said,
$2.00 per mile both ways. Short hauls you cant do this. Any trip to the local barn or vet 30 t0 40 bucks per hour of your time 50 dollar minimum

For short hauls, that is the minimum. You need to figure around $60.00 / hour unless you like doing charity work.

Well, I think you had better be charging $100/hour. Them Chebbys are expensive to keep up when they actually do some work.

$50/hour with a Ford. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bez+":30e77bkr said:
Others get a $55 buck flat rate charge plus a couple bucks a mile.

Bez+
that doenst seem bad. maybe 2 bucks for the first 100 miles. after then it really starts to add up and seem rediculous.

flaboy?":47dd2dsk said:
Well, I think you had better be charging $100/hour. Them Chebbys are expensive to keep up when they actually do some work.

The Fords are cheaper to operate since there are so many in the junkyards and parts are readily available!!!!! LOL!

Bullbuyer":2dicpwcq said:
flaboy?":2dicpwcq said:

The Fords are cheaper to operate since there are so many in the junkyards and parts are readily available!!!!! LOL!
i have drove fords forever and then kelly talked me into a chevy and that chevy wasn't such good look. but this one i like already but we will see

There have been times I bought more than I could put in my little trailer. Kids at the auction quoted me prices. They were reasonable so I took them up on their deal. Other times I am dragging home an empty trailer and a friend asks if I can haul something he has bought. No problem.

If there is a need for someone in your proximity, it may be worth it to investigate. If there are several folks already doing it, the competition may be too much already.

Be sure to think about the other things, such as insurance for livestock liability or damage. Driving 30 miles and pull in someones drive just to have the sweet little old man walk out of the house and tell you to "take the two black steers", as he's pointing out to 30 head of cattle in a 100 acre pasture. Then he turns and heads back in the house. I have been there in similar situation.

Good luck,
Alan

Moocow11":2h7p5ihh said:
Bullbuyer":2h7p5ihh said:
flaboy?":2h7p5ihh said:

i have drove fords forever and then kelly talked me into a chevy and that chevy wasn't such good look. but this one i like already but we will see

it'll work, i promise. if only you would take care of it. (and keep your one stupid "girlfriend" away from it. :x ) so you cant yell at me. :)

cattleluvr18":34p4krft said:
Moocow11":34p4krft said:
Bullbuyer":34p4krft said:
flaboy?":34p4krft said:

it'll work, i promise. if only you would take care of it. (and keep your one stupid "girlfriend" away from it. :x ) so you cant yell at me. :)
. she was only a minor problem. the stupid aluminum trailer took care of it better then anything.

Alan":2soznga7 said:
Be sure to think about the other things, such as insurance for livestock liability or damage. Driving 30 miles and pull in someones drive just to have the sweet little old man walk out of the house and tell you to "take the two black steers", as he's pointing out to 30 head of cattle in a 100 acre pasture. Then he turns and heads back in the house. I have been there in similar situation.

Good luck,
Alan

They also need to remember operating authority, commercial registration on the truck, usdot number, medical card, vehicle inspections, the list goes on and on.

Moocow11":3cb4wjue said:
'I am thinking about custom hauling for people areound here. I have a 2004 Chevy duramax allison. And a 2007 8 x 30 Elite Livestock Trailer that has 7' ceilings. how much do you think i should charge

Depends on how far it is, and how many head.

GMN

Latest posts