how many

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":3hlvwvmf said:
Just had our 20th. I married up for sure
None of my relatives have ever figured out why she married me. Not sure I know either!

I married my college girlfriend before I was old enough to buy alcohol. It'll be 10 years this ides of March, and we have three of the prettiest girls you've ever seen. :D

Ten years. My first wife her second husband. She's told me she was going to leave a few times in the past when times were hard and I tell her that's her choice but my way is to work on it and the kids stay with ME. It hasn't been easy but no-one ever promised that it would be. If it were easy I don't think we would be as solidified as we are. If she ever decides that she wants to leave and means it, I'll be just fine and I'll move on happily but it won't ever be me that gives up on marriage. ;-) And, it might not sound like it, but I love her. Sometimes it's hard to LIKE her, but I do love her.

cow pollinater":4p8burur said:
She's told me she was going to leave a few times in the past when times were hard and I tell her that's her choice but my way is to work on it and the kids stay with ME.

My parents used to say whoever left HAD to take the kids. They were married 3 months short of 50 years when Mom died.

Been divorced once. Wasn't pretty, but wasn't as ugly as most. No children involved. I didn't take anything but my clothes and Grandma's dishes.
Remarried for 16 years to the man He made for me.

cow pollinater":e7c8eerv said:
She's told me she was going to leave a few times in the past when times were hard and I tell her that's her choice but my way is to work on it and the kids stay with ME.

If mom wants the kids and she is halfway fit as a mother you'll find you have nothing but the right to pay support.

40 years and no divorces. Great wife and great kids. I was a fire fighter for over 35 years , working one on and two off. This means 1/3 of my life my wife handled all the problems life and kids can throw at you. God Bless her.

Married for the 3rd time and for the LAST time. Seriously.

Took me 48 years to find him and I've never been so happy with ANYONE.

And it's give and take, give and take. Sometimes the percentages swing his way, sometimes mine but it all works out in the end.

Okay GMN you have many folks laying very personal and hard times in their lives in response to your question. I for one would like to know why you asked a question that opened up happy memories for some and real nightmares for others. So hopefully you'll respond and it will be more than "I was just curious". :tiphat:

36 years on the first wife. It would be cheaper to keep her. Besides I think Caustic's president is gonna get half my stuff anyway.

married twice and divorced twice by the time I was 24
3d time common law for 16yrs had 2 great kids and have been widowed for the last
16yrs Suzanne

Never divorced, but my first one (mother of our 4 kids) decided she'd rather snort up Peru than raise kids, told me I should take the kids, so I took 'em and left. Raised them by myself, rarely ever hearing from her. Kids were old enough to know what was what and were glad we left. I never filed for divorce--didn't believe in it. She died from drug use/abuse about 20 years later when she came down with cancer and the drug use had destroyed her liver and she couldn't handle the chemo.
Got another one now--been in happy bliss since 1995. She can't cook, loathes cows, hates farm work--I don't care.

Never married, never will so divorce will be out of the question. I never could understand how a couple could make an oath 'until death us depart' to each other in the presence of God and witnesses -how could they possibly know what the future holds and how people can change!!!!
I was never able to be tied down, as soon as I felt any constraints I took flight, still do. Have just seen way tooo much of life and the stats are there to prove it.

Good luck to those that are happily married though, it does work for some :D

Latest posts