How Many are BQA Certified?

Help Support CattleToday:

I think it's a good idea, but I can't grace the roster. Sometimes I have to shoot one with a Medidart. Twice in 4 years. I'm a cull

Besides the knowledge you get from the training, many counties in SW Virginia get cost share funds from the Tobacco Commission for bulls and heifers. It is a requirement to qualify for the funds

I am, but probably wouldn't be if it weren't a requirement for cost share projects.

I am, even if a person does not renew it I think it is good practice to follow the guidelines.

I'm surprised that good hard working conservatives would apply for such stuff. I need to rethink my values and ethics. I don't really see nothing wrong with taking the subsidies, besides you have no room to grip about welfare, freeloaders and free phones.

highgrit":3nuuanfi said:
I'm surprised that good hard working conservatives would apply for such stuff. I need to rethink my values and ethics. I don't really see nothing wrong with taking the subsidies, besides you have no room to grip about welfare, freeloaders and free phones.

Well I do it's welfare as it is a tax dollar from another American being placed in your pocket.
Another example of how the system in screwed up from bottom to top, side to side and top to bottom.

I saw the program as educational opportunity that benefits the battle of
inhuman treatment by groups of our stewardship in producing our product.

I attended a full day class about 12 years ago, I don't' even remembered who sponsored the program, A person needs a refresher after 12 years and I would like to attend another class but I never see where one is put on anymore. I do remember the building was packed full of cattlemen, I wonder if that many would attend now because a lot has changed in 12 years, a large portion of the 12 years has been under drought , many have gone out of business, retired or just flat out died on us, The ag. Community in our County seems to be getting smaller each year. :cboy:

I did mine some 15 years (or there abouts) years ago. Other then the practices I haven;t done anything about it.

cowboy43":2zkuhcvb said:
I attended a full day class about 12 years ago, I don't' even remembered who sponsored the program, A person needs a refresher after 12 years and I would like to attend another class but I never see where one is put on anymore. I do remember the building was packed full of cattlemen, I wonder if that many would attend now because a lot has changed in 12 years, a large portion of the 12 years has been under drought , many have gone out of business, retired or just flat out died on us, The ag. Community in our County seems to be getting smaller each year. :cboy:

See your county agent and go to the TAMU workshop this year.
It is a three day event and you can sign up for any subject your interested in.
If I remember it is a 180 dollars.

Caustic,

Are you referring to the beef cattle short course at A&M in August? Plan to go this year.

Thanks,
Farmgirl

Latest posts