How Long

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Before the current Cold Civil War we are in turns hot.
A year,two we already have had an attempted mass assination attempt.
I believe that is a first for our country.
D.C. Is completely broken and the idealism divide is growing wider with
each election cycle.

There was a program on while I was at the YMCA yesterday about extremism in the United States. Americans have become extremist. Every issue has an extreme left and an extreme right following. The moderates that occupied the middle in the past have migrated to one extreme or the other. One of the guests who is a professional arbitrator said there is no intent on either side to conduct any serious dialogue.

Bright Raven":3mtuu9kq said:
There was a program on while I was at the YMCA yesterday about extremism in the United States. Americans have become extremist. Every issue has an extreme left and an extreme right following. The moderates that occupied the middle in the past have migrated to one extreme or the other. One of the guests who is a professional arbitrator said there is no intent on either side to conduct any serious dialogue.

Totally disagree, there is the far left and the right, as in correct.

TennesseeTuxedo":1qp97nn7 said:
Bright Raven":1qp97nn7 said:

That is how both sides view it. Americans seem to all fit the definition of snowflakes. Everyone is offended by politics or values other than their own.

I hope it's a long time myself. No one did anything for 8 years, so why will it be any different in the near future? I can't see myself taking to the streets to riot or protest. If they'll stay off my property and leave me alone they'll survive, otherwise there will be a fight to the finish.

Bright Raven":3gmn729b said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3gmn729b said:
Bright Raven":3gmn729b said:

That is how both sides view it. Americans seem to all fit the definition of snowflakes. Everyone is offended by politics or values other than their own.

The left has no values or they wouldn't be on the left.

TennesseeTuxedo":ikwvduda said:
Bright Raven":ikwvduda said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ikwvduda said:

You are a demonstration of extremism in America.

A snowflake is defined to have the following characteristic:

A person that is too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own.

Americans have entrenched so steadfast into left or right they all share that characteristic.

We can see a preview working up in the UK... If we watch and learn, maybe we can avoid it...

Bright Raven":1zhdxnuh said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1zhdxnuh said:
Bright Raven":1zhdxnuh said:

You are a demonstration of the theme of extremism in America.

A snowflake is defined to have the following characteristic:

A person as too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own.

Americans have entrenched so steadfast into left or right they all share that characteristic.

No views challenge my own. My views are correct all others are folly.

True Grit Farms":p96z49jm said:
I hope it's a long time myself. No one did anything for 8 years, so why will it be any different in the near future? I can't see myself taking to the streets to riot or protest. If they'll stay off my property and leave me alone they'll survive, otherwise there will be a fight to the finish.

this..ill include my family and friends if theyre coming here

Caustic Burno":3cwe6c1j said:
each election cycle.

What mass assination attempt ?

Cross-7":24b79wqn said:
Caustic Burno":24b79wqn said:
each election cycle.

What mass assination attempt ?

Where you been ?
The republican baseball practice where representatives and senators were targeted.
Only by the grace of God and the pee poor shooting that he wasn't successful.

That's what I figured, maybe it was the comments that made me it was something more than a lone wacko with a gun. Certainly not a coup.
Extremist on both side but hopefully we have more sane people in the middle to keep them in check

Bright Raven":3u88uel6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3u88uel6 said:
Bright Raven":3u88uel6 said:

You seem to want to not include yourself. Not sure how that works.

The beauty of extreme views is they lead, peacefully or not, to a comprise. A compromise is coming.

HDRider":3a7xfyh7 said:
Bright Raven":3a7xfyh7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3a7xfyh7 said:

You seem to want to not include yourself. Not sure how that works.

The beauty of extreme views is they lead, peacefully or not, to a comprise. A compromise is coming.

Would you elaborate on your commentary? Specifically, what indications are there that a compromise is coming? I am serious. If you are not, then pass on my question. Thanks.

I would love to see a compromise, but frankly, I don't see it coming anytime soon. Not far from me is the wonderful UVA college town of Charlottesville. A place full of coexist bumper stickers, preaching about tolerance on a daily basis, screaming about protecting people's "rights" yet they've had riots about 2 stupid statues and changing the names of 2 parks (they won). Those same parks were occupied by the "occupiers, (funny, those statues and park names didn't bother them then) and destroyed those parks byching about tea-party and evil rich. Now the KKK plans to have some kind of rally in C'Ville , which in my opinion is only to going to make things worse.

The divide was started a number of years ago. And continues today, very successfully, I might add. It is waaayyy easier to divide a large mass (nation) with many, many little fires than by 1 big fire. So many, numerous, pockets of "unrest". The worst part being that those who keep yelling about coexisting and getting along and byching about violence are the very same folks inciting riots, assaulting people etc.

I'm done. If I have gotten this thread locked, I am sorry, it was not my intention.

TennesseeTuxedo":1n9qocbb said:
Bright Raven":1n9qocbb said:

That line of thinking does nothing but breed contempt. Not everyone SHOULD see the world the same way. We see that here on the cattle board as some run red, some run black, and some run too many colors to count. Too conservative a stance on things and you end up living like those in deep Afghanistan or Iran.

Bestoutwest":1avt58wu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1avt58wu said:
Bright Raven":1avt58wu said:

That line of thinking does nothing but breed contempt. Not everyone SHOULD see the world the same way. We see that here on the cattle board as some run red, some run black, and some run too many colors to count. Too conservative a stance on things and you end up living like those in deep Afghanistan or Iran.

More liberal pablum. I reject it all. :compute:

Latest posts