How Dumb Was This?

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Was carrying out a customer groceries today and with the chinook winds all the ice and snow was melting. I almost did the splits on that ice!
For some reason I grabbed the chipper and the snow shovel and started scraping that ice from in front of the store where the customers parked. Only one person parked where I was shoveling but everyone else parked out of the way.
Manager brought me some fine gravel to put down tonight. Going to see if I can I can get the worst area cleared off tomorrow.
Shoulders are sore right now

Why am I always the idiot who starts these projects?
Type A personality I guess.

The owners normally do this but they are away right now.

I am sure your employer appreciates your hard work and type A personality!! Good employees are hard to find, and keep!
Your customers are probably safer now also because of your efforts! :clap:

You are a self starter. You are doing the right thing. Some people have to be told or managed.

You are about like me. I've never kept score at work just always did what needed doing without being told. I learned a long time ago my day would go by much faster when I did this and I could go do the more important - things that mattered more to me.

I have customers ask me if this is part of my job description and I just tell them their safety is my main concern. Some co-workers will not even go out and shovel the walk because it is not their job. *shrug*
I just enjoy customer service and patient care.

Chipped a couple of run off channels outside the back door today. Going to do what the owner told me to do tomorrow. He said to turn up the water heater, but put notes on the sinks! then hook up a hose in the back to one of the sinks and spray the hot water onto the ice to make a safe path way for everyone to walk. Said do not forget to turn the temp on the water heater back down when I am done.

Even though he said I could not use his tractor to clear the parking lot, he does trust me enough to have told me I could do this.

Latest posts