How do you build legs???

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill 70

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me or give me a website or somethin that shows you how to build legs??? I know that You can use white paint, or that throw on stuff that sullivans sells, but how do you use it??? I am not talking about simply boning the legs, i am talking about making the legs look like the club calf bulls in the pics like this bull, all about you. It would really help if you could tell me.

Paddy_O_Malley.jpg

Check the rules of the show you are entering. Alot of places have gone to no paint and no building.
But, to answer your question. Depending on how much you need you can start with tail adhesive. It goes on thick and heavy and then paint over it. Or, sullivan's sells twine. Add a layer of tail adhesive...blow on the twine, paint. In a pinch you can sit and cut regular twine off the hay bales and use it.
Keep your combs clean and free of adhesive so they move thru the hair easy. Keep your andis blades sharp. Adhesive dulls them fast.

And just for the record...Christy is one of the best there is at takeing and doctoring pictures. All about you is not sound.
I won't use him, I don't need crippled up calves on my place. I can screw them up just fine all on my own, don't need to breed structure problems into them.

Hill 70...

"How do you build legs?" Am i missing something here???

Are you talking about doctoring photos? Making a stuffed animal? Accessorizing an animal so that it will impress a judge?

Anyhoo...that black animal in the photo (not sure what it is) looks like a full size black poodle with a bad haircut...lol.

By a Stierwalt vidoe or pay attention at your next show. Building legs depends on the animal. Down here in Texas we use more twine because cattle are not as hairy legged as the cattle in the midwest. Some use tail adhesive and white paint, some use just tail adhesive. It is a lot of experince trial and error work. If you don't know what your doing it shows.

Latest posts