How did Y'all fair?

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Wondering how everyone faired with the "hurricane". let us know when you get a chance. particularly curious about Macon, Ryder, La4Angus, Stephan and Branguschick Clark, and others right in the path.

I hear you Ohioans (word?) are getting it tonight. good luck.

Beefy":2lh75p6w said:
Wondering how everyone faired with the "hurricane". let us know when you get a chance. particularly curious about Macon, Ryder, La4Angus, Stephan and Branguschick Clark, and others right in the path.

On the Southwest area of La. we didn't get more than a couple of light sprinkles. Katrina turned north about 175 to 200 mi east of here and did the damage.

Thanks for the concern beefy.

We are getting rain. Hasn't quit since monday morning. Couple down trees from a few wind gusts yeaterday, and some fence repair needed now.
I seem to be in quite a pocket here getting nearly 6 inches of rain and it is still comming down.

They canceled the high wind advisory and we didn't get the hail they expected us too.
Not near as bad as the tail of the last hurricane that went thru here bout this time last year.

Again, thanks for the concerns, but we are not the ones that need it. Please save all the concern and prayers for those south of me who really need it.

Here in upstate NY, we're getting Katrina right now - a VERY NEEDED RAIN - no wind so far. Been raining all night. HALLELUYA!!!! This is the most rain we've had for 2.5 months! We have been HOT & DRY this summer - totally unlike NY weather. Grass is all burned up & dorment. My pastures are shot, getting ready to graze our 2nd cutting hayfields we did not harvest.

We got about 3" of much needed rain here in southern middle TN and some trees and branches blown down but nothing serious. I just can hardly believe how bad it looks on the news down in Gulfport, MS and in New Orleans. Horrible. Sure do wish the best for all of those folks. :(

We were extremely lucky. A few lost roof shingles in Orange Beach and a tree down in the yard at the ranch in Columbus, MS. Orange Beach is on the Alabama/Florida line and Columbus is in northeast Mississippi. We had hurricane force winds at both places and about 5' rain.

Most neighbors were not as lucky. :(

Beefy":14tx0w0p said:

We ended up just getting lots of rain. And some wind of course.
I think we were advised that we could get hail and tornados.

In NW Al. we got a lot of rain and wind but nothing really bad. I went to the salebarn today with the intention of buying a load of calves. I got there and there wasn't nearly as many as normal. I bought one in the first 10-15 min. Someone came in and said gas had just went up and was going to go up higher because of the hurricane. From that point on the calves went out of sight. They started bringing rediculous prices. The order buyers had orders to fill. Seems like everone was trying to get em before the higher gas prices eat into the hauling cost. I didn't buy anymore after that. They say gas is going up another 30 cents here after going up 20 cents today. Calves were up a good $15-$20 per hundred as compaired to Monday. Just wander how long it will last.

i wondered how the gas hike would effect things. as for us we havent gotten 2 inches of rain and no wind which is unheard of. filled up today for $3.02, supposed to go up 40 cents tonight.

We were dry before but with a little over 12 inches of rain I guess the drought is over. Some around here had some wind damage, metal off barn roofs and some homes and schools damaged. 10 year old girl swept away while playing in the water. We faired real good compared to the gulf area.