How can I ruin a disel engine.

Help Support CattleToday:

bubchub

Reaction score
LAst week we had 400 gal. diesel stolen and this week we found the gates cut open by someone trying to steal diesel again. My dad wants to know what he can add to the tank (sugar,acid, anything) that will ruin a motor so we can find out who's doing it (small town and word spreads quickly). He does not mind wasting the diesel to get back at the crooks.

bubchub":309u45il said:
LAst week we had 400 gal. diesel stolen and this week we found the gates cut open by someone trying to steal diesel again. My dad wants to know what he can add to the tank (sugar,acid, anything) that will ruin a motor so we can find out who's doing it (small town and word spreads quickly). He does not mind wasting the diesel to get back at the crooks.

I guess I shouldn't go back to fill up anymore if you are going to toast my motor!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd look into a locking nozzle if I were you. If they are getting into the gate to get your fuel, and can no longer get that, they'll probably resort to something else.

I hate thieves.

Pour molasses in the tank. Don't forget you did it though. It would be cheaper to get a game camera and place it out there where it can get a picture of whose doing it. Then you can burn their house down :lol: Or not. I had some problems, I mean I knew of somebody who knew somebody who had some problems and they cut some 1/4 inch plate metal into small triangles then welded them to a 4inch square piece of plate metal. A few days later the chains were cut on the gate and there was a truck on the side of the road not far from the gate with two flat tires. I think they said the tires required a boot cause plugs were too small. :p Then you can use the sugar. I -I mean my friend's cousins brothers friends nephew - used a 270 through the radiator. Never had any more problems.

Keep in mind, this fella has got more rights than you and your dad put together.

Game camera! pictures make the best evidence.

You can use dye that will change the exhaust color as well, but im not sure where you can actually get it.

1/2 diesel 1/2 gas. Make the diesel off road and then turn them in for running off road diesel in the pick-up.

Try putting Kerosene in the tank.
It burns hotter than Diesel and if they get to much it will cook the inside of the motor. Some truck drivers sometimes put just a little in their tank, they say it make the truck burn more efficient, but they also say if you use too much it will burn it up. I know it's an expensive way to stop someone, but if you have to sometimes you just have to. Hope you stop them.

Auburn_Ag

The tank is on a property a couple miles from the house. I t is gravity flow and the vavle WAS locked. Cast iron and they just snapped it off.

Like dj said mix gasoline with the diesel. Lack of lubrication from the gas will ruin their injector pump. Cost big $$$ to rebuild it. Just don't forget you mixed gas & use it in your tractor.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

I think I would go with the game camera,get their picture and go to the authorities. If you mess up their engine they may get revenge on you.

My brother was having this same problem with someone stealing his fuel from his locked tanks.So he parked an old farm truck about 25 yards from the tanks and started sleeping in it at night. About 2 nights went by at around 2 in the morning he was awoke to the sound of a truck coming with its lights off. He let them get started called the county sheriff on his cell phone and stepped out with his 41 mag and a spot light. He then lit them up with his spot light and put 4 teenage boys face down on the ground until the deputy showed they were arrested and sentenced to 48 hours community service of all places on his farm doing work to pay back what they stole. They fixed fence painted fence cut grass with weed wackers and such. I told him he was a nut for doing this they could have been armed also. Im not saying this is the way to handle this situation but as sucluded as his fuel sight was there was not sufficent police protection to stop it.
Good luck getting this stopped and quick at the cost of fuel these days its no wonder this is happening

There are plenty of things you can put in the diesel to ruin a motor. The problem is that you ruin their motor, they may come back and burn your hay or your house or shoot in your windows. There are so many drug heads that have no problem killing or maiming one of your family. I would be more inclined to put up a camera and call the deputy when you find something on it. It is a terrible shame any of us have to deal with it, but it is a problem and your family's life or health is at stake if you go for damage toward them.

Put up one of the new cameras with the infra red that doesn't need a flash to take a picture at night. Then they won't even know the picture is being taken.

we just switched the lables on our fuel barrells. Put the gas on diesel and diesel on the gas. didnt take long to catch who put gas in there diesel truck. they didnt make it very far.

bubchub":2yqrnuud said:
You don't really think they will come back do you??

Just put a tank in your truck. It always goes back home with you and you don't have to shoot somebody over it. The court dates are a pain in the butt.

Latest posts