House Arrest

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Man I am tired of being under house arrest.
The Mrs. has been more sick in the last two weeks than in all the years we have been together.
We have had more pollen than any year I can remember everything here is completely yellow.
Allergies went to sinus infection to bronchitis to pleurisy. Have had her from the doctor to the hospital
over the last couple of weeks. Finally looks like she is going to make it.
Girl is on enough antibiotics to kill a mule along with breathing treatment's.

Told her if she didn't get well I was going to have put an add in the paper for a biscuit maker.

Sounds like she's had a really rough time CB. I wish her well and hope that as soon as she's up and about I want her to know that she has my full support when she bops you noggin with her best cast iron skillet. Biscuit maker indeed. LOL!

TennesseeTuxedo":3k8f80ru said:
Sounds like she's had a really rough time CB. I wish her well and hope that as soon as she's up and about I want her to know that she has my full support when she bops you noggin with her best cast iron skillet. Biscuit maker indeed. LOL!

I completely agree Tennessee! It sounds like she has had a rough time of it and to add to her misery she also got sick. Bless her heart I hope she gets well soon.

The pollen has been brutal here as well CB. I've been sick as a dog. Boots are covered in pollen like everything else. Another shower today and maybe this vile mess will get washed away.

Its a little late for this advice, but here goes. This is from a former customer that is now teaching at Harvard Med . She would have me take a very large syringe , no needle of course. One cup of warm distilled water with a teaspoon of salt mixed into it. Take the syringe and shoot the water into different angles on one side of your nose, fill that sucker up good then blow it all out. Keep doing each side until you use it all up. It sounds gross but as long as you keep your month open its not bad , you wont choke.

I do this about 3 or 4 times a week starting in October all the way through April. 10 years ago every year I would have to make at least 1 or 2 trips to the doctor each year. Since I started this regimen no trips to the doctor for this malady. When I starting putting out hay each year I did it daily.

For those of you stopped up right now with a pounding head, try it! I expect a nice steak dinner for the instant relief you are going to have.

Sounds an awful lot like waterboarding torture to me H Cutter.

Bad pollen here too, my pond is yellow from all of it being washed down into the water.

Hope your better half feels better soon CB.

Deepsouth":c654gc88 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":c654gc88 said:

I completely agree Tennessee! It sounds like she has had a rough time of it and to add to her misery she also got sick. Bless her heart I hope she gets well soon.

What are y'all talkin about she cut me out of the bull lot.
Woman has a good eye.
Dang pretty man in this county have income and benefits.

In all seriousness she has been one sick girl from hospital to Dr's office today was the first time
she has got in a car not going to one of the two.
She said she wanted out of the house, drove her to town for a coke.
When this girl misses a grand kid event she is bad sick and she missed a couple.
I have never known her to miss an event until this time.

Caustic Burno":h9i8dvjn said:
The Mrs. has been more sick in the last two weeks than in all the years we have been together.
We have had more pollen than any year I can remember everything here is completely yellow.
Allergies went to sinus infection to bronchitis to pleurisy. Have had her from the doctor to the hospital

Told her if she didn't get well I was going to have put an add in the paper for a biscuit maker.

I have a very comfortable room with its own bathroom available to find relief from allergies - it is warming up here but still a lot of snow on the ground - not a plant to be seen for a while here - bring her here for recovery if you like

Bez

Jogeephus":29svtkey said:
The pollen has been brutal here as well CB. I've been sick as a dog. Boots are covered in pollen like everything else. Another shower today and maybe this vile mess will get washed away.

I have never seen it as bad as it is here, you can wash off the porch within an hour looks
like someone poured powdered sulfur on it.
The only thing i can figure is due to the winter it snowed here four times ,never in
my lifetime has it every snowed that many times in one winter.
It is like everything came to life and pollinated at the same moment.
Walk through the yard or pasture and like you say your boots are yellow.

Hope she gets to feeling better CB. Every time mine gets sick I lose weight. I am lucky that pollen, poison oak and ivy don't bother me. Now the better half says the pollen stuffs her up and gives her a headache.

Caustic Burno":1bhgd93e said:

That'll get most women goin enough to wanna kik you. lol
HOpe she gets better. Lots of folks around here with bronchitis too.,, me included. never had it so bad.

The pollen is bad here also. Hope she gets to feeling better. And the saline nasal rinse works well. Really well. My wife was always getting sinus infections and the netti pot ( saline rinse) has kept her out of the doctors office for 3 years now

Same up here, CB. No sinus infection yet, but I'm steadily squirting Astepro up my nose to get relief. Dad used to try and drown me with the saline rinse whenever I'd get it bad, but I always thought the cure was worse than the infection. Hope she gets to feeling better soon!

She must be one heck of a woman in the first place CB. :D

I hope all gets better soon. The thought of you eating canned bisquits while she is down just aint good.

Wishing her well CB. She has got to be miserable cooped up also! :frowns:
The age old remedy of salt water for nasal flushes is now being bottled and sold! Pretty soon they will bottle it for sore throat gargle like mom made us use also! Kind of funny how the "old ways" often find their way back into medicine.
Take good care of her! :heart:

Caustic Burno":fzyb6prh said:
She is doing better the pleurisy is what is kicking her butt.
It can be very painful!
When I had it, I had rode all day. When I got off my horse, I was flat on my back on the floor trying to get some relief. Hope she feels better real soon!

Allergies suck mine kicked my butt for 2 1/2 weeks. doc gave me some good meds now I feel ok going to get tested tomorrow hopefully get on allergy shots. Hope your wife gets better soon CB sucks to be sick.