HOT !!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Isn't it humorous how quick the point of your posting can get derailed? :lol: Yes 110 is too hot, been very hot here with no rain in about 5 weeks, for our area that's bad! Like Dave said, lots of tall timber to burn for a year if it goes up. :shock:

Alan":3w40k7jo said:
Isn't it humorous how quick the point of your posting can get derailed? :lol: Yes 110 is too hot, been very hot here with no rain in about 5 weeks, for our area that's bad! Like Dave said, lots of tall timber to burn for a year if it goes up. :shock:

The derailment most times is better than the original topic
Winter should give y'all some relief soon, we'll still have two months or more before we get some relief.
It's been better than 2011 we can make this work, after 2011 I was looking at moving to Iran to get to a cooler wetter climate

I'd rather be shot at by Iranians in the middle of a haboob than go thru another 2011. I mowed my lawn exactly 2 times the whole year and one of those was in November.

Check your calendar it's August it is supposed to be hot .
It hasn't been a bad summer for heat here a few day's at a 100. I have seen several in my lifetime
we talked about a day when it wasn't in triple digit's.

Caustic Burno":2y79qet8 said:
It hasn't been a bad summer for heat here a few day's at a 100. I have seen several in my lifetime
We mean it's not supposed the have highs in the 70s and and inch or more of rain everyday? I haven;t checked yet today cause it's still raining but as of yesterday we had over 8 inches for the month. The other farm 12 miles away had 9 inches just on saturday alone.

Had 39 days in a row over 100 in 2011 and many of those were in the 107-108 range.....So far only 13 days over 100....suppose to be about 105 here today.

lavacarancher":upeixl0f said:
Yep, it is hot and dry. It's a heck of a note that folks along the Texas coast have to pray for a hurricane just so they can get a little rain.

No one over here is praying for one!!!!!
Who ever pray's for one need's to get one full force and if they survive it they never will pray for one again.

dun":3kzlvp66 said:
Caustic Burno":3kzlvp66 said:
We mean it's not supposed the have highs in the 70s and and inch or more of rain everyday? I haven;t checked yet today cause it's still raining but as of yesterday we had over 8 inches for the month. The other farm 12 miles away had 9 inches just on saturday alone.
We are about the same, I've lost track of the rain, But in my 55 years I do not remember The last 1/2 of July and first of August being this cool and wet.
It started raining July 13 and we haven't went over 2 two days I think without another rain. I AM NOT complaining.
The grass is growing and that makes me happy...

Since we've only had 10 100 degree days so far and the high has just been 104, I'm counting my blessings. Going to put out a bale of hay today and see what the cows like better, dry grass or last years dry hay.

I am thinking that anything over 100 is moot. The weather people post things they call a heat index here. Seems to me like it just makes it feel hotter to know the heat index. I guess it is the same with the wind chill.

Caustic Burno":iakz50qu said:
lavacarancher":iakz50qu said:
Yep, it is hot and dry. It's a heck of a note that folks along the Texas coast have to pray for a hurricane just so they can get a little rain.

No one over here is praying for one!!!!!
Who ever pray's for one need's to get one full force and if they survive it they never will pray for one again.

Amen to that!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo! We have a cold front coming!
tongue.gif

e13eo6.jpg

Latest posts