HOT STUFF

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
http://wnep.com/2017/10/25/news-anchors ... bly-wrong/

DENVER – A local news anchor in Denver gamely agreed to try the "one chip challenge" during Wednesday's morning show, and it did not go well.

"What is this?" KWGN anchor Natalie Tysdal asked her "Daybreak" colleagues as they unwrapped a Paqui Chip, which is billed as the world's hottest chip and is made with the Carolina Reaper pepper. Tysdal tries a bite, takes a selfie with the chip, and then her face contorts in a grimace.

Videos posted on the company's website show people preparing for the challenge with milk or ice cream, but, unfortunately for Tysdal, all she had was a cup of coffee.

Hours later, Tysdal was still suffering. Here's how she described her "one chip challenge" experience on Facebook:

So, what really happened on TV this morning with the "one chip challenge?" I thought I was okay until I had a drink of my coffee to wash down the chip. I threw up, couldn't breathe and felt like fire was coming out of my mouth, nose and ears. I had a bottle of water, a glass of milk, a tablespoon of honey and 3 mints and still felt on fire. An hour later I had chills and a massive headache. Three hours have gone by and I feel like I was beat up in a dark alley. Oh, and did I mention I shared the chip with my producer Scott Elliott? CRAZY! I wouldn't recommend it.

Want more? Watch what happened when our very own Joe Snedeker ate a Devil's Tongue pepper live on the air last summer.

Devil's Tongue peppers register between 125,000 - 325,000 Scoville Units or SHU, the standard measure for pepper heat. To put it in perspective, a Trinidad Scorpion pepper (one of the hottest) registers between 800,000 - 1,000,000 SHU, while a Jalepeno registers between 2,500 - 8,000 SHU.

ALACOWMAN":1jobxyqg said:
I love peppers, but only to the point where the heat don't outway the flavor...and there's is a line...

habenero's my line but I do chili with ghost peppers for some folks that love hot... They only have one bowl though never seen any go back for seconds.

skyhightree1":3doykbok said:
ALACOWMAN":3doykbok said:
I love peppers, but only to the point where the heat don't outway the flavor...and there's is a line...

habenero's my line but I do chili with ghost peppers for some folks that love hot... They only have one bowl though never seen any go back for seconds.
Bet you weigh heavy on Their minds, when maw nature calls... :cowboy:

I like heat as a flavor but don't want something that is going to put me in pain and make me sick. My wife says when I am cooking spaghetti it is like I am making pepper spray. It will clean your sinuses out but it never comes out to hot to eat.

I like hot food, but only certain types of it.. Not big on jalapenos, LOVE cayennes... I was working with some Fijian people and at the christmas party they brought pickled habaneros.. The flavor of those was exquisite.. I can only compare it to a bouquet of flowers... and after a half a minute, the heat kicked in.. yeah, they were hot, thankfully I was more used to it than my Irish coworker.. he turned fire engine red!
I've had a bottle of "Blair's Megadeath Sauce"... holy (&*(*^ smokes is that stuff potent.. ONE DROP in a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs (we cook them spicy as it is) makes it really darned hot.. I think it's in the 300-500,000 scoville heat unit range.
My friends and I used to go out for "Spicy wontons".. and like most chinese places, they have the little jar of chillies in oil.. Well.. When we first started going, we'd put a drop or two on... After doing this for some time I was slathering a whole spoonful on each one.. but I still won't put a single drop in soup!

As I have gotten older a cayenne is about my upper limit....habeneo is too hot for me now...
back in the day if I could get it down my neck I could process it....use to take pepper challenges all the time but there are more hot peppers today than there were back then....

I try to draw the line with Heinz Ketchup...

I know, I know - Dang Yankee

My wife went to Europe with her brother, sister, and father a few years ago, and brought back some wasabi coated peanuts. Much stronger than anything I've found here in the US. We had some sitting on the counter in a bowl. One of my son's friends, who doesn't like anything remotely spicy, thought they were peanut M&M's and grabbed and ate a handful. I wasn't there but they said he somehow managed to get his head under the kitchen faucet so he could run water directly into his mouth.

Latest posts