Horse with diarrhea

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I don't know much about horses but this did not look right to me.
I looked at a 12yr old horse today that my cousin was looking to buy. this horse was poor and had diarrhea all over his legs from tail to the ground. It was real dark ,almost black, and lots of it. I did not think it was normal but the man selling the horse said that it was just from the horse being on a green pasture , if that was the case seems he should have been fat ??? I guess what I would like to know is this normal ,and no way would I have told my cousin to buy this horse looking like this , did he make the right choice by not buying this horse? also man said horse had been wormed

Yes, you did right to pass up on buying that horse. The dark color could have been blood in the stool. If your cousin has his heart set on this horse, tell the owner to get him vet checked, treat as per the vet's advice, and look at him again in a month.

the man is trying to take you for a ride. horse is probably in that condition due to lack of feed and a belly full of worms not grass,get the horse checked out .what was his coat like?

tel":2iianv2t said:
what was his coat like?
Did not look good to me
Thanks for the replys we just told him we were not interested

Latest posts