Horse is back

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
I think towards the end of july, I told about takeing the horse to the horse whisper guy --Well shes back home now 200 pounds less in wieght ( she was pretty fat) what a difference puts her head down to be bridled, stands quiet when shes saddled ,he took her in beside the air compressor to blow her off said thats easier than brushing before-she would off kicked the hell out of the shop.learned several other tricks --dissposition is good ,no attitude. My wife went to lead her on the trailer--- guy says no. you dont get on the trailer. holds the lead rope and horse walks on by herself , tosses the rope over her back and closes the door,this guys yard is a helluva mess,his tack held together by baler twine , no ego here extremely humble man. Just loves to train horses-charged me $475.00 canadian to keep and train her for a month And shes tough and in shape. he rode her for 45 miniutes in soft ground, she never even broke into a sweat. Im petty happy.

That's great, sounds like you found one of the few good trainers out there! Lots of trainers think they know what they are doing but for whatever reason it doesn't get done. Keep up on her so she doesn't fall back into old habits. I wish I could find a good one like that in my area, (one I'm completely happy with when I get the horse back).

Alan

Hey Carlos, that's a really encouraging story :) Who was the trainer if you don't mind me asking (I am originally from southern MB and have a lot of friends who practice natural horsemanship up there).

TCFC

Fellows name is Brent Engbrecht --1 204 523 8425 I cant sing his praises loud enough ,my 15 year old daughter rides this mare with no trouble what so ever now. Before she went to see him I was leading her through the gate and her stirrup touched the gate post -took off bucking and twisting went through 3 barb wire fences . an other time she took off when I threw the lassoo on her --- she broke it ' SHES TOUGH- now she looks forward to being rode, crosses water whatever you want out of her. she'll deliver

Hey, its great to hear that you had such sucess with your horse. I just sent mine to the trainer on Monday night, I am really nervous hoping that everything works out ok. They are going to let me work with my horse as much as I want while shes there, b/c right now I think I need more help then my horse does. ;-) We had a rough first year together. They are asking $480 here in Iowa. Maybe more than what I would have liked to spend, but I guess if I have a horse that I can ride and get along with thats all that matters right?

Latest posts