Hornets

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Was cleaning out the cowpen across the road on the rented place yesterdy with the bushaxe and sling (dogfennel taller than i am). got into a hornets nest. invented a few new cusswords. :secret:

:shock: I'll bet you did! Hopefully you were able to get out of there before they did any damage.

cypressfarms":3pxqpta2 said:
Beefy,

i thought when you came up across things like this you just ran screaming waving you arms in the air?

That's always been my method, with some swearing thrown in for good measure

dun

normally i run screaming like a girl, waving my arms in the air but in this case that would just make more surface area available to get stung. :roll:

I always worry about yellow jackets and hornets when I'm weed-slinging with the tractor. I left a Deutz (still running) parked atop a yellow jacket hive 25 or so years ago. My dad's old hired hand had to go pour gas on the hive and fetch the tractor.

I wish I had a video of me leaving that tractor. It would have won grand prize on country-fried videos.

dun":ftufgd6p said:
cypressfarms":ftufgd6p said:
Beefy,

i thought when you came up across things like this you just ran screaming waving you arms in the air?

dun

Works for me. I've been known to throw clothes off as I go! :shock:

Good grief Beefy, I certainly hope you weren't stung----------too many times.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":dx9un1m2 said:
dun":dx9un1m2 said:
cypressfarms":dx9un1m2 said:
Beefy,

dun

Works for me. I've been known to throw clothes off as I go! :shock:

Good grief Beefy, I certainly hope you weren't stung----------too many times.

Katherine

Katherine - Next time you're bush hogging give me a call!

cfpinz

cypressfarms":1vepxylx said:
Beefy,

That works for me. What's wrong with that? :D

My sister got stung on her behind several times in the outhouse at the reunion grounds in Granbury. That was back when they had outhouses there. Hence, my fear of the little house behind the little house.

cfpinz":2fhewnb6 said:
Katherine - Next time you're bush hogging give me a call!

cfpinz

Last time bush-hogging wasn't as big a show, the only things that got tossed were my cap and sunglasses. I went and retrieved them at dusk.

Katherine