HOOTERS

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
41 minutes ago

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Robert Brooks, the chairman of Hooters of America, Inc. who made his fortune selling chicken wings served by scantily clad waitresses, was found dead at his home Sunday, officials said. He was 69.
ADVERTISEMENT

It was unclear how Brooks died, but the Horry County coroner's office told The (Myrtle Beach) Sun News that an autopsy would be performed Monday.

Several calls to the coroner's office by The Associated Press were unanswered.

Chris Hardwick, owner of Hardwick Funeral Home of Loris, told the AP he was handling Brooks' funeral arrangements.

Since opening its first store in Clearwater, Florida, in 1983, the chain has expanded across the United States and into more than a dozen foreign countries ranging from Taiwan to Venezuela. Hooters has about 61 million annual visitors to its some 425 restaurants.

Brooks, born on a tobacco farm outside Loris near Myrtle Beach, founded Eastern Foods Inc., which makes dressings and sauces, in 1966.

With a group of Atlanta investors, Brooks bought expansion and franchise rights for the Hooters chain in 1984. He eventually bought majority control and became chairman.

Brooks was named Entrepreneur of the Year by the Georgia Chamber of Commerce in 1996, according to the company's Web site.

Area business leaders remembered Brooks as a sharp businessman with a down-home flair, who never forgot where he came from.

"Whenever I saw him, the first question and usually the last question from him was, 'What can I do to help ya?'" said Brad Dean, president of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce.

He also shared his wealth, giving $2 million to Coastal Carolina University for its first football stadium, which was named Brooks Stadium in 2003.

perhaps he had one of those girls with him serving dinner and he coldn't take it, I saw one of those joints in Hammond Louisiana when I was there, my Cousin would not let my son or her husband go.

Call me old fashioned, Chrisy, but I am not too hip on my husband going, either. He says the food is good. To me, this is like saying that you get Playboy for the aritcles! :shock:

I never have understood why some women get upset when thier "man" goes to Hooters. Men can see a heck of a lot more scenery by going to the public beach for free. If you really don't believe the food is that good, I urge you to try it. They really do have some of the best chicken wings you'll ever eat. And the service is usually pretty decent too.

Lammie":3454lkxv said:
Call me old fashioned, Chrisy, but I am not too hip on my husband going, either. He says the food is good. To me, this is like saying that you get Playboy for the aritcles! :shock:

I was lucky that way my Husband does not like fried or any other kind of Chicken so he did not want to go, My Son stayed with our cousins while we were in Louisiana and it was while in their care she said no, as she was not sure how I would take it. Glad she did this. as he is only 17.

Great hot wings-perfect with a cold pitcher. The gals aren't too bad to look at either but actually you can see girls dressed about like them on any street in town nowadays.

chrisy":1j13mwv8 said:
perhaps he had one of those girls with him serving dinner and he coldn't take it, I saw one of those joints in Hammond Louisiana when I was there, my Cousin would not let my son or her husband go.

I've never been so I couldn't tell you if the food was good or not. It seems to me that the one on the west loop would be full of cars all the time, if the food was really that good.

Rustler9":1fl2iy4u said:
Great hot wings-perfect with a cold pitcher. The gals aren't too bad to look at either but actually you can see girls dressed about like them on any street in town nowadays.

You know, that got me thinking. My son and I went to lunch with my husband one day when we were in town where he works, (he drives 62 miles ea. way). We were at this Chinese buffet and I saw this woman that had on these mocasin looking boots laced to her knees with short shorts. I kinda made a comment to the guys to look at her boots when she went around.

Well, when she did come around, my son says, "What boots?" I look and the cut-offs she's wearing HAVE NO BEHIND ON THEM!!! I mean her bohiney was out there for everyone to see. She seemed pretty proud of herself in her boots and no butt shorts. She had bruises all over her arms and legs, too, so there's no telling what she does for a living.

It was interesting.

Latest posts