Homesickness

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I have it, and I want to know how to "heal" it or try and relieve it. Haven't been home for a few weeks (usually go home every weekend, but not these past few weeks), and I've already started to feel the blues this morning (sick to the stomach, depressed...), and it hasn't gotten any better.

So besides going home, do any of you have any remedies that might help me for the next four days or so?

Thanks in advance, I'll appretiate it.

When times were down, I'd plan things. Sort of a treat for myself. Things like camping trips and the like. If I were you I'd plan on something special when I got home and treat myself to it. That way you will have something to look forward to.

Call your parents and tell them you are dropping out of school because you got some girl pregnant.

I guarantee that "home" will be the last place you want to be. :D

yeah I :heart: ABbeef, tell them you got some girl pregnant. i'd LOVE to hear that conversation...lol.

umm.. i too usually came home every other weekend (3 hour drive)at first. whenever i couldnt or didnt go home every other weekend i would get physically ill from being in the city too long. i would get a cold or something. so i started taking drives out into the country and looking at peoples cows, farms, and houses. later on i made more friends, got a job and started drinking.

Matt S":2rwc8gkz said:
Call your parents and tell them you are dropping out of school because you got some girl pregnant.

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sheesh Matt, the only way I could do that is with AI! :shock: ;-) Unless I dressup as a man....nooo, bad idea...

backhoe, I like your strategy...I think my plan would be to spend all day with the cattle and take some pics...then maybe go out skiing, and go into some woods for a bit...and take more pics....and maybe post them on here... :nod: Just to do every bit of taking in the fresh country air and being outdoors with not a sign of concrete or highrises anywhere... :nod:

cattleluvr, if I started that, it might not do me any good...I get tired of seeing people after being in the city THIS long...

Beefy, since I don't drive (yet), maybe I'll have to work at the U of A farm south of the campus. Like do some stuff at the dairy unit...

good ones so far, keep 'em coming, please! :)

well then maybe you can get a few close friends that you enjoy being around. that why im so happy that im goin to a local community collage. far enough away from my parents at times but then at other times im still close to them.

I uses to get really home sick when I would go to the Major shows and be gone for weeks, I figered out that if you don't think about home and think about what your there to do and find some really good friends and go out at night and have a good time :lol: just keep you self busy :roll: where you don't think of home.

IluvABbeef":134gv0lg said:
So besides going home, do any of you have any remedies that might help me for the next four days or so?

Thanks in advance, I'll appretiate it.

Been there, and it's hard, but remind yourself why you're there, envision the goals that school is going to help you accomplish, keep busy, and try not to think about it. 4 days will pass before you know it!

Friends in college - real friends - they are right in the cell with you, not just bail you out of jail. :D :shock:

Friends that go over and beat the heck out of the guy that dumped you - not just sit there and cry with you. :D

A true friend is one who:

When you are blue-- will try to dislodge what is choking you.

When you are scared--will pray with you.

When you are worried will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be.

When you are confused--will use little words.

When you are sick—tell you that it could be a whole lot worse than it appears, it could be them instead.

A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body and ask if they need to bring a shovel.

Some free advise: Don't compromise your morals, don't let peer preasure influence your behavior and seek the One who created you.

IluvABbeef":3nuvs7ze said:
Matt S":3nuvs7ze said:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sheesh Matt, the only way I could do that is with AI! :shock: ;-) Unless I dressup as a man....nooo, bad idea...

And I was thinking Matt new some scientific break through the rest of us just hadnt figured out yet.

Of course, It sure would have been funny if you took his advice.

Have lots pictures of my wife,the farm,cows,rodeo,rocky mountains,deer hunting.I spend an average of 6 to 10 months tour of duty on a ship.Homesick?Been doing it going on 12 years,married almost 10 years.Be a merchant marine,you will see what homesick is.Have to learn how to tie all kinds of knots.

Latest posts