Home place and working pens from drone’s eye view

Help Support CattleToday:

Great photos Dave, certainly gives us an idea of the layout of your place. The drone must have climbed to a bit of height to take those. Is this a new toy? I was just thinking yesterday I might have another look at a drone.
What is the idea of the zigzag fences? Is it to give the cattle more shelter? It looks well laid out and planned.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
Great photos Dave, certainly gives us an idea of the layout of your place. The drone must have climbed to a bit of height to take those. Is this a new toy? I was just thinking yesterday I might have another look at a drone.
What is the idea of the zigzag fences? Is it to give the cattle more shelter? It looks well laid out and planned.

Ken

We got the drone in a trade for a feed bill last fall Ken, it has limitations such as wind and battery length but is a handy tool for looking around and seeing what is up.

Those fences are called snake fence, built that way to use no nails and a bit of wire on corner uprights to hold the corners together. Built properly from the right material they will last 30+ years with no maintenance. Unless bulls are involved........ they can wreck anything.

Latest posts