home made squeeze tub

Help Support CattleToday:

lay low llama

Reaction score
any one made one? if so could you post some pictures and plans. I am looking to make one, can't see spending $2029.00 for one with out any sheet metal on it.

We made one out of wood, it is inside so it should last quite a while. Bought 8" dia. by 9 or 10 foot long posts. Put them about 2' apart in an arc and used short 2x6 rails and covered that with 1/4" plywood as it was flexible enough to "curve". Added some 1X2 vertical strips and a homemade stop to the crowding gate. It is only a 90 deg. tub and we were limited by space to only 8' so it isn't ideal but we can keep a pretty good flow of cattle to the chute with it. Have had it about 10 years or more now and have no plans on replacing it. Very cheap, probably about $250 not including the gate, and a day of digging holes. Sorry no pics.

that bud box will not work for my set up, i need to send them back 180*. i've got some ideas on what to do but i like to learn from others experience.

Make sure you budget everything before you start, it might be cheaper to buy one. My steel fabricator made one for himself and after all the welding and material, before painting, it was cheaper by a couple hundred dollars or so to buy one already made, painted and delivered.

Built one out of old grain bin sheets probably 25 years ago. Works great, cost nothing.

I have built several in the corrals that I custom build
Just depends on if you want a portable or a stationary one I built most of mine into the corral systems and they were stationary
I can text you a drawing if you want to pm me a phone number as I aint too good with pics on here anymore

Hook":r6e1kxb3 said:
In the drawing you have a 12 ft wide alley coming down hang a 12 ft gate that will swing 180 degrees on your working alley when that gat is at 90 degrees from working alley place a post at end of gate swing post toward the working alley every3 to 4 ft put a post at the end of gate do this until gat is parallel with the last section of working alley
Leave enough space between end of gate and all post so gate can swing past unrestricted

I really like that, thanks for the help.

What did you do for the wall?

I was going to run 3/4 flat bar on the outside and inside of the vertical posts to make the curve. then line the inside with sheet metal. Then put angle iron vertical between the flatbar for support.

Im in the midst of making one.

20141217_100913.jpg

20141220_143615.jpg

20141220_143711.jpg

Have made 3 sections for a 10' radius half circle, and the swing gate so far. Have over 1000 in steel so far though,

Those like like they will work perfectly.

I've been holding on to these for a long time. I just can't think of what to use them for. I'm starting to wonder if they'd make a tub.

I second the use of old grain bin sheeting, made mine out of 20ft diameter bin with gate pivoting in the center. Cheap to build.

Supa Dexta":3dpw4bd2 said:
Im in the midst of making one.

20141217_100913.jpg

20141220_143615.jpg

20141220_143711.jpg

Have made 3 sections for a 10' radius half circle, and the swing gate so far. Have over 1000 in steel so far though,

what is your process for bending the square tube?

BILL CLAYLAND":3vyj4oys said:
Slick,
I found that design on an Ext website and built it to spec with wood.
Bill

Thanks. Was hoping you came across some cheap CAD program and designed it yourself. I'm looking to lay some things out myself.

Latest posts