HOLY COW, fertilizer prices today

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
We have had rains that are of biblical proportions this year. i cant get in to fertilize if I wanted to. I was in the co op today and inquired about the prices of fertilizer

19-19-19 was $789 a ton
13-13-13 was $729

HOLY COW. he told me prices for some others but I think I passed out for a breif second and dont remember them. I have been asking this for years now. At what point does fertilizer become cost inefective. We have had rain this year and the grass and weeds are growing like crazy. I dont know just how much of a benifit fertilizing would do right now. For one the ruts that I would create wouldnt be worth it. And second, the grasses seem to be way ahead of years past because of the rain. My first cutting is going to have to be a thick assortment of grass and what ever else is left over. THis is getting out of control. $4 deisel and almost $800 fertilizer. Whats next

" THis is getting out of control. $4 deisel and almost $800 fertilizer. Whats next"

$5 diesel and $1000 fertilizer I'm afraid. I see where the big potash producers are getting record bids from the Chindia folks so I don't see it getting any cheaper.

try canadian fertlizer prices
11 52 is over 1300.tonne
desiel is 1.25/litre = $5.5 a gallon
And we produce the stuff
a metric tonne is .9 of a imperial ton. So you get more bang for your ton.

Prices about the same here in Ohio. At what point should we think about buying ahead to beat the potential future price increases?
tom

plb, if you don't mind tearing open some bags :p , a TSC flyer I got yesterday had 40 lb bag of 12-12-12 for $10.99. The way I figure it that would make it around $550/ton!!

Central Fl Cracker":1pzc9yif said:
plbcattle
How many pounds do you spread per ac. We did 300 lb's per ac. about 2 weeks ago and it took about 20.5 tons.

300 pounds/acre should work fine for you. I only did 200/acre this year just due to cost. I have always done 300/acre in years past.

Bought 2 tons of 18 6 12 for 445/ton yesterday. Normally put out 300 lb/acre but this year, like a lot of people, cut back to 200 lb/acre.

I'm planning on putting down about 200 pound per acre of ammonium sulfate in a little while if the wind don't get to bad. Expecting some rain Friday.

I was thinking about 100 pound of urea and 100 pound of Ammonium sulfate instead. Haven't made up my mind.
Want to help me?
Of course paying for it for me would be even better :D

I think that would give my about 50 pound of N to the acre????

It is around $350.00 a ton.
It has just dried up enough to get to most of it. I am six weeks behind last year.

What does the soil test recommendation call for??? The stuff is getting too expensive to buy by guesswork anymore.

yall are so wet ya cant fert and im so dry what i put down is goin to waste. got a 1/2'' the day after i fert than nuthin for 2 weeks.im guessin the nitro is probly gone

Monday I talked to one of the local fert mongers. I thought he'ld had a heart attack he looked so bad. He has just been quoted $1010.00 for potash

Latest posts