Hog Trap

Help Support CattleToday:

According to the decal on the trailer it's from this website:
https://www.thatsahogtrap.com/

"That's a hog trap!
The C&W Hog Trap has proven to be very effective in the trapping and removal of feral hogs.
Picks up 36 inches off the ground, allowing entrance from all directions
Fast, smooth, reliable catch every time
Durable construction
Hogs can't crawl out past interior ring
Has a 3' loading gate
Easy to assemble, disassemble and load
Trip stick design**
Is affordably priced
C&W 12'-Round-Drop-Hog-Trap​​

$1900*"

Made in Bellville Tx.

(If you want the little 1 axle trailer to transport it, it's an additional $1800)

greybeard":fepinkxm said:
According to the decal on the trailer it's from this website:
https://www.thatsahogtrap.com/

"That's a hog trap!
The C&W Hog Trap has proven to be very effective in the trapping and removal of feral hogs.
Picks up 36 inches off the ground, allowing entrance from all directions
Fast, smooth, reliable catch every time
Durable construction
Hogs can't crawl out past interior ring
Has a 3' loading gate
Easy to assemble, disassemble and load
Trip stick design**
Is affordably priced
C&W 12'-Round-Drop-Hog-Trap​​

$1900*"

Made in Bellville Tx.

(If you want the little 1 axle trailer to transport it, it's an additional $1800)

Wait there is more you can get the option with camera and phone app to trip the trap. For only another 2400 bucks.

https://www.hogeyecameras.com

I looked at one. It was like $3500. Im going to give it a year or two and they will be significantly cheaper and more reliable. The one I looked at you could buy just the head gate with the remote trip, camera, light, batteries, etc. I have some round traps built already so I was just going to take the head gate, camera, etc from place to place. I was going to leave a corn feeder going in the pens with out the head gate.

Its pretty slick. You watch the videos and look at the pics on their host sites. When its time to catch hogs you actually watch in real time and basically text the mechanism to close the gate or drop the trap.

We could justify paying a couple grand for one with the amount of damage the hogs due to use every year. My fajitas are literally sore if I spray or shred for a couple days straight. That's not counting losing pens, ripping out draw bars, and all the other wear and tear. We talked about splitting one on our deer/cattle lease alone.

Brute 23":2dftpmjm said:
I looked at one. It was like $3500. Im going to give it a year or two and they will be significantly cheaper and more reliable. The one I looked at you could buy just the head gate with the remote trip, camera, light, batteries, etc. I have some round traps built already so I was just going to take the head gate, camera, etc from place to place. I was going to leave a corn feeder going in the pens with out the head gate.

Its pretty slick. You watch the videos and look at the pics on their host sites. When its time to catch hogs you actually watch in real time and basically text the mechanism to close the gate or drop the trap.

We could justify paying a couple grand for one with the amount of damage the hogs due to use every year. My fajitas are literally sore if I spray or shred for a couple days straight. That's not counting losing pens, ripping out draw bars, and all the other wear and tear. We talked about splitting one on our deer/cattle lease alone.

Last I checked they were bringing.50 lb at the disposal site in Hardin County.

That trap could pay for itself pretty quick, that's 125 to 150 on the big boars.

https://www.tahc.texas.gov/animal_health/swine/

Caustic Burno":2w1yv7ys said:
Brute 23":2w1yv7ys said:

That trap could pay for itself pretty quick, that's 125 to 150 on the big boars.

https://www.tahc.texas.gov/animal_health/swine/

That's pretty decent prices. I don't think we even have a buyer around here any more. I have been just popping them and stacking them.

My plan was to get one for back up income. I have some farmers and ranchers that will pay $20-25 per head no matter the size. I have trapped 50-75 hogs in a month off those properties with conventional traps. Between the hog trap and a zero turn mower I'm hoping to retire from O&G. I'm just not sure if that's enough money to maintain my cows' lifestyle.:)

JMJ Farms":38iyx5is said:

There are sooo many things that can go wrong doing stuff like that... ask me how I know. :kid:

Im pretty deadly with a 30-30 shooting over the front of the Mule. My buddies know the drill. Ill operate gas pedal and the gun. They grab the wheel and steer. When the hogs go to cutting across I start shooting. :) We hit the brakes and the dogs will bail off after the stragglers.

Brute 23":pemfpb2j said:
JMJ Farms":pemfpb2j said:

There are sooo many things that can go wrong doing stuff like that... ask me how I know. :kid:

Im pretty deadly with a 30-30 shooting over the front of the Mule. My buddies know the drill. Ill operate gas pedal and the gun. They grab the wheel and steer. When the hogs go to cutting across I start shooting. :) We hit the brakes and the dogs will bail off after the stragglers.

It could get real hairy real quick. Need some qualified, quick thinking accomplices for sure!

CB, prices are down considerably at TAHC buying facilities.
This was posted in August for one in Brazoria County:
The buying station will be until 9-3-18! upon reopening there is a price increase!
60-80 lbs .10 per lb
81-100 lbs .15 per lb + $5.00 head bonus
101-150 lbs .20 per lb + $10.00 Head bonus
151-170 lbs .25 per lb + $12.00 head bonus

Then:
Live wild hog buying station
November 29 at 5:06 PM ·
Price Change
60-80 .10 per lb,
81-100 .15 per lb,
101-150 .20 per lb,
151-170 .25 per lb,
171 and up .30 per lb
with no head bonus at this time

Caustic Burno":384agk87 said:

I hauled 73 hogs to the buying facility in Lingleville. Mostly shoats. $38 a piece average.

My traps cost around $45 to make. A cousin over in Marshall has most of them borrowed. They've been over run. I may never see those traps again. :)

Some good eating before long if they make it home with the trap.

6-1-08210.jpg

Latest posts