Hog Hunt

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Took my fishing guide (unlce) hog hunting this weekend. We just spotlighted some corn fields along the river. Ended up with this good boar and two sows about #125.

I guess the boar to weigh around #200. It had all its teeth, top and bottom. I am going to have it whitened and put on a plack then mail it to Florida for him. His wife will love it. :lol:

Picture004-1.jpg

Nice hawg , make some good eating. I hawg hunt here in Alabama and also go to Texas to hawg hunt with my good friend who lives in Newton, Tx

My son and I are headed down to south Georgia in a couple of weeks and we hope to bag a hog or two and maybe a deer or two. The landowner sent me some pics of some good looking porkers that have been killed off this place. I am looking forward to some good father / son time and making some new friends. :D

HOSS":xlcw3nnd said:
My son and I are headed down to south Georgia in a couple of weeks and we hope to bag a hog or two and maybe a deer or two. The landowner sent me some pics of some good looking porkers that have been killed off this place. I am looking forward to some good father / son time and making some new friends. :D

Ah come on, you're just coming down to God's country cause you heard the liquor was good!
;-) :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":h72x5zed said:
HOSS":h72x5zed said:

Ah come on, you're just coming down to God's country cause you heard the liquor was good!
;-) :lol2: :lol2:

That's what I hear. I hear it comes in 2nd place to that good ol' Tennessee sippin whiskey :D Anyway....for me it's gotta be the huntin and friends cause I swore off the likker back in 88 when I got a severe case of alkyhol poisening and wound up in the hospital. I do hear tell that ya'll have plenty of big ol' snakes. If I see one of them big rattlers like the ones that you keep posting pictures up on here of I may change my mind about the likker. :lol:

My dream hunt is to bow hunt hogs. It's not just a southern U.S. problem any more. They have been spotted in southern Iowa and last year the Department of Natural Resources put a notice in the rule book to shoot any feral hogs on sight. Confirmed mountain lion sightings are also up in Iowa.

We have a few Mountain Lions here and the hog population is growing.

Latest posts