High winds.

Help Support CattleToday:

ctlbaron

Reaction score
I got to the barn yesterday afternoon and found everything loose re-arranged. Winds were gusting to 60mph. Steers holding on to fence posts. Chickens had safety ropes on to keep them from blowing away. It was rough here. Just wondering how everybody else made out. :shock:

ctlbaron it was awful windy here in north tx.seen one of my hens lay an egg three times before giving up and the hogs were doubling up so they could root.(least i think thats what they were doin).

Cal

There is an old home on the farm that was still standing. All that is left now is one wall that has the stair case attached to it and the rock chimney. The tin roof is pretty much intact but it is upside down about 100 feet north of the house. I don't know how old the house is but two years ago a 97 year old man told me he was born in that house. We had plenty of wind and thunder but not a drop of rain.

No kiddin' Calman, it blew a grown rooster inside a small mouth cider jug. Had to break it to get him out. :lol2:

backhoeboogie":2emxq2mf said:
There is an old home on the farm that was still standing. All that is left now is one wall that has the stair case attached to it and the rock chimney. The tin roof is pretty much intact but it is upside down about 100 feet north of the house. I don't know how old the house is but two years ago a 97 year old man told me he was born in that house. We had plenty of wind and thunder but not a drop of rain.
What rain we got came in side ways heard on radio of wind around 80 mph in west ala. i huried home barely got the horses fed before all hell broke loose thank GOD no damage

It took all the feathers off that rooster when he was blown inside the jug. We couldn't stand looking at him running around all naked. We made him a little checked shirt and a little pair of overalls. I thought that was about the funniest thing I'd ever seen untill I saw him holding a hen down with one wing and unhooking his gallises with the other. ;-)

Is this your roo?
chickenclothes.jpg