high tensile fence

Help Support CattleToday:

cowperson

Reaction score
What is the average cost per ft of high tensile fence. Someone quoted me 2 dollars a ft and they supply everything. Is this reasonable. Thanks

cowperson":k9vbr02e said:
What is the average cost per ft of high tensile fence. Someone quoted me 2 dollars a ft and they supply everything. Is this reasonable. Thanks

Depends on terrain and location I suppose. Just had 1600 ft. of old barbwire fence cleaned out and replaced with 5 strands goucho, 8" cedar corners, 5" cedar line post @ about 9' spacing. Price was $2.15 per ft.

Thanks, this will be a 2 strand electric fence on both sides of a creek to keep cattle out. I believe the man said that it would take 30 wooden post and than he would also use t-post. I guess 2 dollars isn't to bad since he will furnish everything. The creek does not go straight. Thanks for the input.

john250":po74rgc3 said:
A little high, I think, for 2 stands. About right for 6 strands.
Yes I agree a little too high for 2 strands. He is going to make pretty good money.

This definitley is high for a 2 strand. However, the bid could have intentionally been high if it was for a short distance. How long are you talking about. Have you looked into the cost of doing it yourself?

have you ever heard of "Flying W Fence" in Hurricane Mills? They are a top notch operation in my book. They did some exclusion fencing around some ponds for me and installed some Mirafount tanks last summer.

Latest posts