Hi everyone!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hi all!!

I've been joined up for a while, back in 2005 it seems according to my profile!!

I'm the 6th generation on our 6500acre beef cattle farm in the Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia. I work on a horse stud part time, and also photograph campdrafts and rodeos on weekends when I'm not working at home on the farm. Living on a farm you see many new things every day, as many of you would know! So I'm looking forward to learning and sharing! :)

cmf1":7r7ka2k2 said:
Welcome aboard Bunda...From Louisiana
What kind of beef cattle are you guys raising there?

We have crossbreeds, most of the cows are hereford X shorthorn, with 5 Angus bulls plus 1x Angus X Murray Grey (who I bred and raised myself), and also a Charlois X Angus.

I just started using a Murray Grey bull last year.
Like him alot so far.
How many cows can you run on 6500 acres where you are.
I imagine on 6500 ac. you've got some different terrains in the mix.

cmf1":2bzvfksj said:
I just started using a Murray Grey bull last year.
Like him alot so far.
How many cows can you run on 6500 acres where you are.
I imagine on 6500 ac. you've got some different terrains in the mix.

Yeah I love the Murray Greys, we don't usually rear bulls but he was such a top quality calf we decided to keep him. I halter broke him when he was younger, but as he grew I decided to turn him out to work and give up on the halter. He was reared in the 2006 drought so he wasn't given quite as much feed as he should've, but he's still the best naturally-muscled bull I know.

We only run about 280 breeders (cows and heifers), because the majority of the property is mountain.