Hey Michiganders...

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586":8mpyr6hn said:
Look out for MI-DOT trucks parked along the road or suddenly appearing behind you pacing you - it could be a Trooper driving the truck.

Called 'Operation Yellow Jacket', each Michigan State Police District has a truck cleaned up and ready to go. These trucks have specially modified engines that can virtually catapult the truck from snow-plow speed to intercept speed in seconds. And when the engine boost kicks in, the warning lights automatically change from flashing yellow to the dreaded red and blue!

This has to be a joke. Please tell me this is a joke. It is early to take the plows off the trucks, I think.

They are stopping us now for not having US DOT numbers. One of my buddies got pulled over and given a warning by the state pulling a stock trailer with a pick up. I heard Indiana is already ticketing people. I would have believed it also CKC, it seems like something our current over spending state goverment would endorse. I now have DOT numbers on all my pick ups.

You know don't have a problem with a state or or city enforcing rules and regulations that apply to all citizens and non-citizens. Seems to me that is part of their dutys as public servants. If it raises revenue to pay for their services and put more public servants patrolling the streets, way to go. Sooner or later citizens should learn to abide by the laws. What good are rules and regulations if they aren't enforced?

john250":n8pq0aqx said:
I asked a simple question--"does she let her dog ride in the truck". Don't know why that would upset anyone. :D
Huh??? Whose dog, what truck, what did I miss here????? :???:

CKC1586":1ckv4kj3 said:
john250":1ckv4kj3 said:
I asked a simple question--"does she let her dog ride in the truck". Don't know why that would upset anyone. :D
Huh??? Whose dog, what truck, what did I miss here????? :???:
Okay never mind. You are talking about an entirely different thread/topic. Wondered why you were bringing up my dog in my truck when I was talking about an email about speed traps and cops in DOT trucks that was a false deal but I had posted it before I figured out it was a false deal via snopes but by then I couldn't delete if off of here.
By the way Maggie Mae is a very good little dog... well not so little but oh never mind....

john250":1o2rvhsx said:
Ah, CK, Angie posted about Misty eating unknown things out of her truck. Misty took offense. I thought they were over it, but I guess not.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think I have caught up now!
Sorry sometimes it takes me a while......

CKC1586":3fhh70p9 said:
john250":3fhh70p9 said:
Ah, CK, Angie posted about Misty eating unknown things out of her truck. Misty took offense. I thought they were over it, but I guess not.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think I have caught up now!
Sorry sometimes it takes me a while......

Since you asked for it, CKC, the original thread is "You Ate What".
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54745&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

CKC1586":26o5cc3o said:
Is that for all sized trailers????????
Any vehicle and or trailer combination when connected is 10,100 lbs. or more. So that means a half ton pick up connected a 4 horse stock trailer. There is some clause about personal use is exempt. Farmers are considered commercial vehicles.

hayray":2zjjq8yl said:
CKC1586":2zjjq8yl said:
Is that for all sized trailers????????
Any vehicle and or trailer combination when connected is 10,100 lbs. or more. So that means a half ton pick up connected a 4 horse stock trailer. There is some clause about personal use is exempt. Farmers are considered commercial vehicles.
Well isn't this special....and how much are we paying for these numbers?

The numbers are free. You get them by going online at the Federal Motor Carrier and Transportation Safety website. If you notice that most of the landscape and construction vehicles all have the numbers on them right now. They went after those people first because they are easy targets and have been letting agriculture slide for a while but as of Jan 1 they are starting to enforce it.

Latest posts